There are several handy applications for macOS Mojave even for MacOS Catalina the new operating system, you like working on different apps in Mac OS Mojave although you installed macOS Mojave on Macbook Pro/Air, Macintosh, Mac Mini or virtual machines like Oracle Virtualbox and Vmware Workstation. For sure, Mac users can find tons of Mac applications in Mac App Store and you can download it on your Mac operating system, but the day will come that you want to Remove/Uninstall Application in macOS Mojave. However, you don’t need the apps anymore and you are looking for steps to delete the apps on Mac OS Mojave and this can be the main reason.
Deleting or uninstalling unwanted apps from your Mac may have several benefits, you can free up storage space by removing unwanted contents and there can be many reasons behind deleting apps. So, to uninstall applications in macOS Mojave is quite simple than other operating systems, you will learn the best method to remove apps on Mac Mojave. Therefore, read on and get the best steps to delete application in Mac Mojave.
Table of Contents
Why you need to Uninstall Application in macOS Mojave
The best question why I need to delete apps on Mac Mojave, So, there can be multiple reasons to remove apps from your computer and the main reason is you don’t need the application anymore or the application is working slowly and it damage your operating system. Mostly, people download the application from App Store, later on, they notice that the App has many issues and the computer is working slowly then they will uninstall it back to fix all the problems.
What I think, deleting the application won’t be bad because you can download it back from App Store, So, no need to be a worry. if you don’t need the app anymore then I recommend you to delete the application now, like this you can get more free space on your Hard Disk.
Steps to Uninstall Application in macOS Mojave
Deleting App in mac OS Mojave is not difficult, you will get different steps to remove or uninstall apps in Mac OS Mojave. So, the below methods are the steps that will help you to remove apps and this method will work on all Mac OS computers. So, if you are new to the macOS Mojave interface then this guide is for you.
Before going to start, make sure you have logged in with your admin account because while deleting the application it will ask you to enter the admin password.
Step 1: Uninstall the application in macOS Mojave using Finder
If you are a windows user and you have installed macOS Mojave on Virtual machines then you know how to start Mojave on Virtualization software. in case, you are MacBook, Mac mini, Mac Pro or other mac computer user then turn on your computer and follow the steps.
- Turn on your computer or start macOS Mojave.
- Now, go to Finder and open Application folder.
- Afterward, you will see all the applications you have installed on your Mac, So, select the application you want to remove from your computer.
- After selecting the unwanted application, then, right-click the application and click the Move to Trash.
- Moreover, you can Drag and Drop the application to the Trash and Recycle Bin folder to uninstall it.
- To delete the application permanently, go to the Trash folder and right-click on the Trash icon at the bottom right corner of the menu bar and click the Empty trash option.
Like this, you can remove the app on Mac OS Mojave easily, so this is the best method and most users prefer Finder to uninstall apps on its computer. in case, you want to uninstall more applications then follow the same step.
Step 2: Uninstall Application in macOS Mojave using Launchpad
The second handy steps to delete apps on Mac Mojave are using a launchpad, so, if you downloaded the app from App Store and install it on your computer then you can remove it using this method.
- To open Launchpad you have two ways, the first step is open launchpad from the Dock and the second step is to open it from the Control Strip from the right-end of the touch bar. So, open launchpad.
- Now, find the application you want to remove.
- Once you selected the app then press the Option/Alt key on your keyboard.
- at last, click the delete option to confirm the uninstalling app from your Mac.
I hope you get the steps, in case you want to delete more unused application then follow the same method.
Step 3: Remove Application in Mac OS Mojave using Library Folder
Some apps won’t remove using the above two methods because the app might have a few preferences or other files that aren’t stored in one folder. in this case, you will need to remove the app from the library folder on your Mac Mojave. therefore, find the library folder and open it, to access the library folder you need to follow the below step because by default the library folder is hidden in previous Mac OS Versions.
- To access the library folder, go to the Finder app.
- Keep pressing the Alt/Option key and select Go from the dropdown menu options located at the top of the screen.
- Now, find the Library folder beneath the Home folder.
In case, the above method won’t work then follow the below method.
- Again go to the Finder app.
- Select Go from the menu bar.
- After that, choose Go to Folder/press Shift+CMD+G on the keyboard simultaneously.
- Now, type the Library in the text box and click Go.
Uninstalled apps can be deleted permanently out of your Mac once you or the Finder empties the Trash folder. If that happens, all files that had been created using the one’s apps will no longer be opened even as others ended up amongst other corrupted documents. To permanently clean all associated files and facts from the basis folder, appearing those steps can help:
- Open Spotlight and search the Finder app.
- Then, tap the Go option from the menu bar.
- Now, Scroll down and click the Go to Folder.
Once you click the Go to the folder then you will see the list of folders, Now, to delete files & data that are tied to the apps you currently deleted. see to the following folder names to remove all associated files & applications data.
- To Remove the app crashes: ~/Library/Application Support/CrashReporter/
- Library: ~/Library/
- App saved states: ~/Library/Saved Application State/
- Support caches: ~/Library/Caches/ and /Library/Caches/
- Binary and dock icons: ~/Applications/
- Plugins: ~/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/
- Application support files: ~/Library/Application/
- App preferences: ~/Library/Preferences/
- How to Install macOS Catalina on Virtualbox
- How to Create a Bootable USB for macOS Mojave
- Install Vmware tools on macOS Mojave
I hope you learn the three methods to uninstall application in macOS Mojave, However, legions of Mac users need to know the steps on how to remove unwanted apps from their computer. So, if you like our article then give your feedback and in case you have any questions then feel free to ask me in the comment box.