How to Upgrade macOS Mojave to macOS Catalina on Vmware? The best question every user have when Apple released the new Operating system called macOS Catalina 10.15. When Mac users hear about the new OS system then they can’t wait to test and upgrade its Operating system to macOS Catalina. Needless to say, users should update their system to the new version because the new version has certain changes and features that Apple added to the update software.
Users can update macOS Mojave to macOS Catalina on Macbook, Hackintosh, Mac Mini, Mac Pro, and Virtual machines. it depends on what platform you are using and in which system you have installed macOS Mojave. However, the method shown in this article will work for all systems (you can apply the below methodology on a different platform). Although I will update macOS Mojave to macOS Catalina on Vmware Workstation using my Windows 10. Remember, you will upgrade Mojave to Catalina using the macOS Mojave, Don’t worry, you will get the clue.
Hands down, macOS Mojave is the best Operating system so far with having tons of new handy features like Dark Mode, Dynamic Desktop, Desktop Stack, iOS apps on Mac, and many more changes. But MacOS Catalina is the current and powerful OS of the day and it has several new features that macOS Mojave doesn’t have. you will be in touch with the MacOS Catalina feature in this article.
So, to upgrade to Mac OS Catalina on Vmware or any other platform, you will need to download the macOS Catalina file from the App Store and install it on your macOS Mojave system.
macOS Catalina Overview
Apple has announced the powerful operating system on the World Wide Developer Conference on June 2019 and released macOS Catalina’s first public beta version on 7 October 2019. Although the beta version has some common issues like Wifi is not working, Email problem, login problem, audio problem, and many other bugs. But Apple has updated macOS Catalina and released the macOS Catalina update version on every Mac computer and all mac users must get a software update notification. So, Apple has fixed many issues and added new changes and updates, therefore, I recommend you if you are using macOS Catalina then update to Catalina new version and the current version is 10.15.2.
Although the next update 10.15.3 is on the way and will release soon to the public. So, MacOS Catalina has several features like Auto Dark Mode, SideCar, iPad apps on your Mac, and many other handy features. therefore, MacOS Catalina is better than MacOS Mojave now and you have to update Mojave to Catalina.
macOS Catalina new Updates features
- Apple News: New layout for Apple News+ memories from The Wall Street Journal and other major newspapers.
- Stocks: Get hyperlinks to related recollections or more memories from the equal e-book at the surrender of an article. “Breaking” and “Developing” labels for Top Stories. Stories from Apple News are now available in Canada in English and French This update additionally includes the following worm fixes and improvements.
- Music: Restores the column browser view for handling the song library, Resolves a problem that would save you album artwork from acting and fixes the hassle that might reset music equalizer settings at some point of playback.
- iTunes Remote: Adds resources for using an iPhone or iPad to remotely manipulate the Music and TV apps on a Mac.
- Photos: Resolves a hassle that would motive some.AVI and.MP4 documents to seem as unsupported, Fixes hassle that prevents newly created folders from appearing in Albums view, Addresses a difficulty in which manually taken care of snapshots in an album can be revealed or exported out of order and Fixes a hassle that forestalls the zoom-to-crop device from running in a print preview.
- Mail: Addresses an issue that could reason Mail Preferences to open with an easy window and Resolves a problem that would save you the use of undoing from retrieving deleted mail.
- Other: Improves the reliability of syncing books and audiobooks in your iPad or iPhone through Finder, Fixes problem wherein reminders may be out of order in the Today smart list within the Reminders app and Resolves a difficulty which could cause gradual typing performance in the Notes app.
What to do Before Upgrading?
When you are upgrading to macOS Catalina from macOS Mojave then you must have macOS Mojave on your system otherwise you can’t update to Catalina without having Mojave. Therefore, install macOS Mojave on your host computer or Virtual Machines like Virtualbox and Vmware. Or you might have macOS Mojave on your system.
In this article, I will give you the Vmware example but you can apply this method on all platforms. The steps are quite easy and you can do it easily.
In case, if you don’t have MacOS Mojave then download Vmware workstation and install it on your Windows. after that install macOS Mojave on your Vmware on Windows. you can follow the below article link to get the guidelines.
Upgrade macOS Mojave to macOS Catalina on Vmware
To update macOS Mojave to macOS Catalina go to your VMware Workstation and run macOS Mojave. after that, log in to your Mojave system and follow the below steps.
Download macOS Catalina from App Store
Step 1: Go to Apple Logo -> App Store and search for macOS Catalina.
Step 2: On the screen, you will see MacOS Catalina, therefore, click the View button. Afterward, you have to click the get button to download macOS Catalina on your Mojave.
Step 3: When you click the get button then you will see the pop-up dialog box to confirm the download file. Therefore, click the Download button.
Step 4: Wait for a while to complete the download process. Then download file will depend on your internet connection. If you have a fast internet connection then your file will be downloaded within 30 minutes.
Install macOS Catalina on Vmware
Step 5: Once the macOS Catalina download is done. Then you will see a new window with MacOS Catalina Logo on the center. So, to set up MacOS Catalina installation click the Continue button.
Step 6: To go ahead and continue installing software, you have to agree to terms of the license agreement. Therefore, click the Agree button.
Step 7: Now, the installation is ready to go, therefore, select the hard disk you want to install macOS Mojave. Remember, When I select the Hard Disk that is not formatted as APFS. That’s why I can’t install macOS Mojave (it means your hard disk should be formatted as APFS). After that, click the Install button.
Step 8: Finally, macOS Catalina may be hooked up on the chosen Hard Disk. It’ll take 30 minutes to complete the installation and upgrade from macOS Mojave to macOS Catalina. The length of the installation will depend upon your internet connection. If you have a fast internet connection then it will be established within 30 minutes.
Step 9: Congratulation, you have upgraded macOS Mojave to macOS Catalina successfully. Therefore, Restart your system then come back and log in with your admin password.
Step 10: After you log in to MacOS Catalina then on the Analytics settings. therefore, click the continue button.
Step 11: On the next page, you will see the Screen time page. here, simply click the continue button.
- How to install macOS Catalina on Virtualbox on Windows
- How to install macOS Catalina on Vmware on Windows
- Install macOS Mojave on Virtualbox on Windows
- How to Update macOS Mojave on Virtualbox
That’s all about how to Upgrade macOS Mojave to macOS Catalina on Vmware. So, I hope you like our article and it helped you to update Mojave to Catalina. Therefore, if you have any questions or suggestion then please let us know.