Today majority of people around to globe use Windows 10 OS in there PC. However, according to statistics, there is still a large number of audiences, that use windows 7 or 8. And therefore, today in this article we have brought the full guide that how you can upgrade Your Windows 7 to Windows 10 without losing data.
As the biggest issue during an upgrade is the concern of losing data. And therefore, most of the users don’t upgrade their old Operating system. To tackle the same problem, Below, we have brought the ultimate guide to upgrade your windows 7 to windows 10 without losing any sort of data.
Microsoft has announced to discontinue support the security updates of Windows 7 after January 2020. Therefore, to continue the secure utilization of Windows OS, the Windows 7 users must upgrade there old version of OS to windows 10. Or else, it could result in a vulnerable point for digital attackers.
Table of Contents
Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 without losing data:
There are several ways to execute this action, However, we are going to guide to through some of the most straight forward and comprehensive methods.
The two legitimate ways to upgrade old windows to latest windows 10 are
- Upgrade using media creation tool.
- Upgrade using Windows 10 ISO file.
But before that keep in mind that your PC supports the minimum system requirements issued by Microsoft.com.
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
- RAM: 1 GB for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS or 32 GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics Card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800×600
Upgrade old Windows to Windows 10 using media creation tool:
This is the easiest way to execute the upgrade.
- Go to Microsoft.com and download the Windows 10 media creation tool.
- Now, go to the download folder and right-click on the mediacreationtool.exe file. And run the file as an administrator.
- Accept the terms and conditions and proceed.
- Now, in this window, select what you want to do. Select update this PC. Or you can also create an installation media.
- Next, be sure to check on the box of keeping the files and app. and then you could proceed.
- Now, your system will start to upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 10. This will take some time. Until then go and take a cup of coffee.
- As a recap, you will be shown, what you have selected. Then Click Install. However, you may also choose the “Change what to keep” option to select the files manually.
During the upgrade of Windows XP or Vista, you might be given the option to keep your files. Therefore, it is a good idea to back up your files on an external hard drive.
Upgrade old Windows to Windows 10 using Windows 10 ISO file:
Most of the people who want to upgrade their OS, they prefer the first method, that we mentioned above. however, to bring to complete guide, this is the second method to upgrade Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10.
- Download the ISO file of Windows 10.
- Once you create an ISO disk image file. Go to the folder where it is stored.
- Now, extract the file if need. or Open the file and double click on the setup file.
- Then, you will see that the installation process will start. Wait for a while and select the recommended setting and hit next.
- Wait for a while, until the software check for some additional settings.
- Now, accept the terms and conditions and click Agree.
- Now, you will be shown that the selected version of Windows 10 is going to start installation along with keeping the files secure on the device.
- then, you will have to wait long for the completion of installation and update of Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- Once, the upgrade concludes successfully. Restart your computer. And you are now ready to explore your new Windows OS.
Next Up in Windows OS:
- How to use Remote desktop function in windows 7, 8, or 10?
- How to find IP the address in windows 10 PC?
- Save webpages as PDF in Google, Safari, or Microsoft.
- Sync your iPhone with windows 10-Easiest way.
- How to change the font size in Windows 10 PC?
- the most straight forward method to factory reset Windows 10.
- How to backup Windows 10 on an external hard drive?
In this article, we explain the complete process thoroughly with the pictorial guide. Though the process of upgrade is not a hassle, however, the entire process depends on one point during the installation.
We would like to listen from you, What you like the most about the Windows 10, while you upgrade your system. DO tell us in the comment section.