The digital products are always unpredictable. And today, we are surrounded by these. Today we are going to talk about how to backup Windows 10 so that we would be able to secure our digital assets.
Windows 8 introduced the File history, and the same is available on Windows 10. With this feature, you can back up your windows 10 on an external hard drive or USB drive. In the Windows 10 system, you can schedule the backup time of your system before you were able to backup windows 10 on the hard drive of the same PC. But it is evident that if anytime once our hard drive gets damaged. All the data will destroy, including the originals and backed up.
Table of Contents
What do we need before backup?
We require two things before we back up the files.
- External Hard drive: First of we require an external hard drive where we could save the files and data. That drive must have the necessary storage.
- Connection wire: Secondly, we need connecting cables to connect the external hard drive with the computer.
Once you prepare these two things, we are ready to go and start the process.
How to backup Windows 10 system?
You don’t need to be a computer expert to be able to back up your files. But for the first time, it is recommended to take help from anyone. Therefore, we are here. And below, we are going to guide you step by step how to backup windows 10. So, the first thing you need to do is
Connect the external drive and Restart the computer:
When you connect the external hard drive, so it is recommended to restart your PC to make it ready for new changes.
Go to Settings:
- Now, click on the windows icon on the bottom left side of the screen. And then click on the Settings button.
- Then in the Settings Control panel area. Click on Update and Security.
- In this are, you will see many from windows update to windows insider program.
- Among these options, click on the Backup option.
- If you have restarted your computer, the external hard drive will appear. Or else you need to run it when the computer asks.
- Now, you may be asked for the administrator password. Type the password and proceed.
- Then select the let windows to choose. Applying this option will allow windows to select the entire data from all the drives. Or you may also select the Let me choose option. And then, you will select the files manually.
- Once done! Click on Save Settings and run the backup.
- And then the process will start automatically. And will take some time to complete depending on the size of the file and speed of the device.
You can also schedule the backup time. And when the time comes, the system will back up the files itself. You may also be asked some more options which Microsoft could have included in the newer updates, though we are also updating our article.
How to Restore a system image?
If sometimes you want to restore the old files, you can do it by applying the following commands.
- Click on the windows icon and click on Settings.
- In the settings area, click on the Update and Security, where you find both options backup and Restore.
- Now in the left navigation panel, click on the Recovery option.
- Now, on this page, you will see an option by the name of Advanced Startup. Click on it.
- Before you click on this option, the system asks you whether the Windows does not work correctly.
- However, if you want to use the recovery option, then click on this option, and the PC will restart and follow the instructions.
How to change the backup schedule?
You may also want to change the backup time. So, whenever the system backs up. It backs up at your desired time. To do it you need to
- Open the Settings.
- Click on the Update and Security option.
- Now, click on the backup option from the life navigation panel.
- Click on back up and Restore.
- Now, here under the Schedule option. Tap on Change Settings.
- In the new Window, tap on the change Schedule link.
- Here, you can set the backup schedule as per your requirements.
- And finally, click on Save the Settings and Exit.
Once you complete the steps, backups will run automatically during the new schedule that you specified.
- How to make screenshots on any PC?
- How to install Windows from USB flash drive?
- A complete guide on how to upgrade Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10.
- Top 10 Ways to Speed up Windows 10 PC.
- The best free video editors for Windows 10.
- How to install Windows 10 on the macOS system?
There are various freeware and paid software for the backup of computers. You may also check those options if you like to use third-party apps for this purpose. Moreover, those third-party apps may have some additional features too.
However, we would like you not more the process more complicated. And the method we mentioned above is the easiest way to backup the files. To conclude we would like to say that do not forget to read our editor’s recommendations too, further if you have any more problems you would tell us in the comment section.