Windows 10 media creation tool is one of the useful tools of Microsoft windows. To Us and firstly download windows 10 media creation tool, you need to understand some steps to successfully create a bootable USB drive in which you can download windows 10 or download ISO file that could be burned in DVD or directly upgrade your system to windows 10 latest version.
What is the media creation tool, and why do you need it?
The media creation tool is used to install windows 10 on the USB drive or to download the ISO file of Windows 10 that you can burn on disk and use it to install windows ten on different computers. Or to upgrade your current windows version to windows ten latest version without any problem and loss of data from the computer.
Moreover, windows users can use it to update their windows to the latest version without any problem. You can upgrade your windows 10 in a usual manner too, But many times users face errors like error 0x8007007e in the process of updating their windows to the latest version. In that case, the media creation tool is the best option to upgrade windows to the latest version without any hustle.
Things to consider before you begin:
- You must have a stable internet connection. Because on slow internet, the process can not accomplish and may cause problems.
- You must have minimum disk space on your system. A recommended space for that is 15GB for the hard drive.
- If you are going to create media with Windows 10 installation, remember to have a CD or USB at least with an 8 GB storage.
- One more thing that when you are going to use a USB memory. Get all your files out of USB Because of media creation tool formats the USB before creating a bootable memory stick.
- Your system must meet the system requirements for windows ten degradation, as mentioned on the Microsoft website.
Download and Run the tool:
- Whether you want to create an installation media or download windows 10 ISO file, You need a media creation tool for this purpose. The link is given below. Click on the link it will take you to the Microsoft website. Where you will see the first option of update and the second option of download tool.
- Now you will see a file of almost 18.4 MB is being downloaded on your computer. Once the downloading finishes, You will see an option appearing at the bottom of the screen asking to Run, Save or Cancel and now click on save and save the file on your system. Moreover, you can also see the version number of the windows.
Now choose what you want to do with media creation tool:(upgrade PC now)
- Now go to your PC and click on the saved file that you had saved on PC. And allow the tools to make changes to the computer by clicking on yes. After that, click on the accept turns and conditions of Microsoft.
- As you click on accept. A new window will open in front of you asking to upgrade this PC now or Create installation media…
- So, depending on your requirement, whether you upgrade PC or choose the second option. Below we are going to show you both How to upgrade PC and how to create installation media. And whichever you required to follow those guidelines.
Now select Upgrade this Pc now:
- once you select it and click on next. A new window will open and ask you to enter your desired language, edition of the windows you want to upgrade your system to, and the architecture of your PC. Fill all the blanks and click tick on the box on the left side as well Because it will help you in downloading rightly. And consequently, click next on the right bottom of the screen.
- And again, a new window will open, showing you the downloading progress of windows ten, which you had chosen in prior option.
- Once downloading comes to an end, click on next.
- In the new window, you have to click on Accept the license term.
- Once you accept the terms and click on next, the windows media creation tool will check for the latest updates.
- Once the update is finished, the media creation tool will check whether the system is ready to be upgraded.
Choose what to keep:
- Now a new window will appear, showing that it is going to install windows ten on the computer and also keep your files. Moreover, you can also choose it manually.
- It is recommended to choose the first option Because sometimes we forget about important files and may face problems if we keep nothing on our PC. And now, finally, click on Install.
- Now it will start, and in this process, your computer will restart a couple of times. Remember, do not turn off your computer during this time. And finally, your PC is upgraded in Windows 10 in the latest version.
Create installation media (USB flash drive , DVD, or ISO file) for another computer:
- Now if you want to burn the windows 10 in DVD, USB drive.So, we are going to discuss that in this section.Now choose the Create installation media…
- you also need to back up important files on your computer.
- Go to the microsoft website and download the media creation tool from there.We have given the link of website above. And also stated what to do until the following windows opens in front of you.
- In this window click on second option and click Next to proceed.
Choose required options:
- Now choose your desired language.
- choose the windows edition you want.
- and finally choose the system architecture.
- Or tick the box to let the media itself choose the correct options.
- After that click on Next to proceed.
Choose which media you want to use:(USB flash drive)
- The new window will ask you to choose whether USB flash drive or ISO file .IF you choose USB flash drive , your USB drive must have 8 GB atleast. and you can choose burn the ISO file in DVD.
- Now, first of all lets choose USB flash drive and ISO option will be done ahead.
- As you have chosen USB flash drive.So, the new window will show you your USB drive that you have to choose and click on Next.
- Now an other window will open that shows the downloading process on the USB flash drive.
- Once downloading comes to end.You need to click on Next. and a new window will show creation of windows 10 media.This process will also take some time to finish. And once it gets finished.You will see written that Your USB flash drive is ready.And finally you only need to click on Finish and done.You can unplug your USB that is ready to use to install windows 10 on any device.
Choose media you want to use:(ISO file)
- Rather than USB ,you can also choose ISO file.That you can burn ISO file to DVD.And use that DVD to install windows 10 on various computers.
- For this purpose choose ISO from the screen.
- Now when you click next.you will be brought to your computer where you want to save the ISO file.In here I am going to save it in disktop.
- Now the new window shows the downloading process.And Once it is finished.it will be saved on your comlputer.
Turn to burn ISO file to DVD:
- As you have chosen the ISO file now connect a DVD and select the burner option by right clicking.And once it is done.An option of Finish will appear.lastly, YOu only need to click on Finish.
- Mission Accomplished.
- How to install Windows ten on the macOS system?
- How to download iTunes on windows 7,8 or 10 in Just three steps?
- Reset forgotten password of your PC on windows 10.
- How to Boot Windows 10 in safe mode?
- How to convert Word file into PDF using Office?
This article is published completely on how to download windows 10 media creation tool on Pc,USB or on DVD.All the possible methods have been discussed comprehensively with the screen shot.The two major works of media creation tool wether you want to upgrade the windows on your system or create installation media.Both are easy with help of media creation tool.That has been visualized through screen shots too.We hope that this article will ease your issue.