Well, macOS high sierra is one of the major updates from Apple. It is the fourteenth update by apple for the macintosh computer designs. Its final version of macOS high sierra(10.13.6) was released on July 9th, 2018 and still being updated. Moreover, if we talk about its name, So, its name refers to the sierra region located in Nevada, California. In this article, we are going to tell you about how you can download and install the macOS high sierra on your macOS PC. Moreover, we will see some of its new features too. Before getting started with the download of the high sierra, let’s see some prerequisites for the download and installation of the high sierra.
Table of Contents
Some prerequisite:(version 10.13)
- Mac systems with mid-2010 or later.
- Minimum 2GB of RAM required.
- And minimum disk space for the software is 15GB.
- HEVC hardware acceleration requires a Mac with a sixth-generation Intel processor or newer.
Download and install the sierra:
below we are going see the entire procedure from downloading to the successful installation of the software.
Back up your MacMac:
- Backup is always the first thing everyone has to do before making high modifications in the system. Because it is not always perfect. And we may face trouble in the middle of the process and could lose all our data. So, first of all, back up your Mac before installation.
Download the sierra:
- Go to the apple store and get to the download page of macOS high sierra.
- Once the download link appears. Click on download. And you will see a file will start to download on your Mac. Now, you just need to wait until the download completes.
Install the high sierra:
- Once the software has been downloaded on your MacMac. Then go to the Launchpad. And find the high sierra file.
- Now click on the high Sierra file.it will redirect you to the installer.
- Now click on Continue to continue the installation.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions. So click on Agree to proceed.
- Now click on Install to start the installation process.
- Before installation type your user name and password.
- And then click on Restart Tab.
Now the system will give you guidelines that during the installation process your PC may Restart many times. So, now relax and see till when the installation process completes. Once completed you will get the notification.
The software has been successfully installed, and you can enjoy the high sierra on your MacMac.
Some features of high sierra:
Apple file system: APFS replaces HFS Plus as the default file system in macOS for the first time with High Sierra. It supports 64‑bit inode numbers, is designed for flash memory, and is designed to speed up everyday tasks like duplicating a file and finding the size of a folder’s contents. It also has built‑in encryption, crash‑safe protections, and simplified data backup on the go.
Media Enhancements: macOS High Sierra adds support for High-Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), with hardware acceleration where available, as well as support for High-Efficiency Image File Format (HEIF).
A flatter modern look replaced the Low Battery notification and its icon.
The screen can now be locked using the shortcut Cmd+Ctrl+Q. The ability to lock screen using a menu bar shortcut activated in Keychain Access preferences has far been removed.
- How to install Windows 10 on the macOS system?
- How to install Xcode on macOS Catalina?
- A complete guide on how to install VMware on macOS.
- How to download Virtualbox on MacOS?(A to Z guide)
- How to install macOS Catalina final on Virtualbox? (On Windows)
- How to install macOS Mojave on Virtualbox? ( On Windows)
That’s all about the download and installation of macOS High sierra on mac system. Besides we have more about the Mac Operating Systems like macOS Mojave and macOS Catalina. Go through our website and explore new knowledge regarding Mac Operating Systems. And do not forget to read our Editor’s Recommendations.