Usually, the mac systems are famous more for their better performance and reliability. It is true! Apple develops the world’s best desktops and laptops. But still, we see lagging in our mac systems. From the statistics, most of the reasons impact the performance of the Mac systems are due to external issues, which are created by users unintentionally. But how to speed up the mac systems? And make it work like a new one.
Luckily, there are many ways to speed up your MacMac PC.beside, some of the techniques may seem weird, but those are most effective too. So, this article includes some of the best ways to bring back the original speed of your mac system. So, let’s get started!
Reduce the number of startup apps:
You may not have how many apps just start when you start your MacMac. And when you see, you will be amazed at how many apps start with your computer. These apps are automatically added to that group Because of their default settings. So, when you start your computer, Only your computer does not start, it starts those apps also. And it applies more load on processer. Therefore your PC takes too long to boot completely.
To reduce the number of startup apps
- Click on the Apple bar on your many bars. And Click on System preferences.
- Now, in this window click on Users and Groups.
- From here you can manage all the Setting of the user. Now, click on Login Items.
- In this window, all the startup apps appear, which are initialized when you start your PC.
- So check the box to remove apps from the list. And click on Minus sign.
Now those apps will not start automatically with your computer. And therefore, less load is executed during the booting. And as a result, your PC will boot in less time. Besides, those apps also will not remain open in the background, which also consumes RAM.
Moreover, You can remove the startup items from the other users’ Login Items list as well. To do so, you must be the administrator of the MacBook Pro, and the Editing mode must be enabled (click the Lock icon at the bottom and provide your administrator account’s password) on the Users & Groups window. And then proceed, as mentioned above.
Stop apps running in the background:
When we use our computer.there are always apps that are running in the background. And we don’t need those. And due to consuming RAM and processer in effects other apps. The MacMac is its separate activity log, where you can see which apps are draining your RAM and processer in the background. And you can quickly close those apps from using your processer.
To go to the Activity Monitor
- Simply type Activity Monitor in the spotlight search.
- Now, when it opens, .you can see all the apps which are running. And figure out which app is draining your processer or RAM.
- Now, select the apps you do not need and close those.
Moreover, here you can check which apps use how much memory, disk space, and Energy.
Reduce Transparency and Animations:
We always hear that graphics and animations use a lot of power, and therefore, we require a powerful PC to work on graphical and animation software. And that true! The as same, the computer has transparency and animation settings. Where you can manage these two factors as per your computer’s capability.
This is worth mentioning that reducing these two factors can improve the workability of your MacMac to a great extend. So, to do that
- Open the system preferences.
- Now, click on Accessibility.
- Now check the Reduce Transparency option. You can increase and decrease as per your requirement.
Free up RAM:
RAM is one of the essential components that speed up your MacMac. And every app that is running on your MacMac consumes a specific amount of RAM. And often, you need to free up space in RAM. You can use the Terminal app to free up space. You can apply this trick when your system is running out of available memory. In other words, when a particular app freezes up and desperately needs some fresh memory.
To do this
- Open the Terminal app from Launchpad.
- Now, type in the (Sudo purge) Command and Enter.
- Now Enter your system password to proceed.
- And then the system will free up the useless captured space.
Clean the Cache:
Over time, we use the PC. The Cache is stored automatically on our MacMac. That can occupy a large amount of space in disks. And consequently, due to less space, our computer slows down. So, cleaning the Cache is necessary for better performance of the device.
You can clean the Cache from the PC, but it does not clean the Cache from the entire system. We recommend using the CClear all in one Cache cleaning app. This free app can simultaneously clear out your browsers’ caches and the caches your order collects over time. Keep in mind that the company also offers a premium version, but the free version is more than adequate for most users. Only the Web Browser and Hard drive do not create Cache but also other apps. And the CCleaner removes the Cache from the entire system.
Move your photos and Videos:
We all store our pictures and videos on our MacMac as well as on our iPhone.Moreover, if it is synced with iCloud, so the movies and photos also are stored on iCloud.but, you cannot store your files only on iCloud.If you delete the data from one area, it is removed from other devices too. So, you can use the other cloud storage services for your photos and videos like dropbox and Google drive. These apps also provide a free limited amount of cloud storage, and you can upgrade the space if you need more substantial space.
Update the Software:
It is very important to keep your all devices software updated to ensure device Security along with other issues. Except for security cause, the software is also crucial for the smooth working of the system. Whenever a new update comes. It has lots of bug fixing improvements. And bugs are one more thing that is responsible for the lagging or slowness of your computer.
So always turn the updates on automatic option to let the system update automatically.
To set your MacMac to check for software updates automatically:
- Open your System Preferences.
- Then click on software updates.
- Now, To automatically install macOS updates, select Automatically keep my Mac up to date.
- You can also set the Advance update option.to do that click on Advance and choose any of the following options.
To have your Mac check for updates automatically, select Check for updates.
To have your Mac download updates without asking, select Download new updates when available.
To have your Mac install macOS updates automatically, select Install macOS updates.
To have your Mac install app updates from the App Store automatically, select Install app updates from the App Store.
To have your Mac install system files and security updates automatically, select Install system data files and security updates.
Reset SMC and PRAM:
Some times our MacMac behaves to strange. It does not charge properly, Shutdowns without any apparent reason. And also takes time to respond to the command. So, Resetting your system management Controller and Parameter RAM is a good option in that case. There is a slight difference between the procedure of laptops with removable and non-removable batteries.
To reset the SMC in laptops with Non-removable batteries
- Shut down the Mac.
- Press Shift+Control+Option on your keyboard and press the power button at the same time. Hold the keys and a power button for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the keys.
- Now turn on the Mac.
For the Removeable devices
- Shut down the Mac and Remove the battery.
- Press the power button and hold it for 5 seconds.
- Now, turn on the laptop again.
For the Mac desktops
- Shut down the computer.
- Unplug a power cord and wait 15 seconds.
- Now, plug in the power cable. And wait for 10 seconds.
- Now, turn the computer on.
To Reset the Parameter RAM
- Shut down the Mac system.
- Press the power key.
- And then, at the same time, press the command Command+Option+P+R keys.
- Hold the keys until the system Restarts.
This may seem common practice. But has a high impact on the performance of the system And can speed up your Mac system.
Use Mac cleaner:
One step further than CCleaner is Mac cleaner. By the name, it seems that it an app, especially for the Mac system, to clean all the unnecessary files from the system and speed up the system. The things that make it unique to other apps are its Security and reliability. To use the app, you just need to the website download page And Download and install the app. And for the first time when you will open the app. You will be guided through some of its useful tools instantly. Some of the worth mentioning features are as follows.
- As a scanner, the Mac cleaner shows you your Mac system status, the status of CPU, Memory, Disk. It makes a deep scanning on your Mac, including iTunes Backup, Mail Attachment, Trash bins, and old folders. There are so many unneeded files and junk files on your Mac. You can preview and selectively choose which one to remove. You can also erase them all in one click.
- As a cleaner, Mac Cleaner Automatically Identify and Selectively remove large files you don’t need. Easily Free up gigabytes of space on your Mac System.
- Its one-click feature allows you to do a Faster deep scanning on your MacBook, quickly and simply clean them up with one button click.
- Moreover, the app checks the data before removing it. And automatically detect the sensitive files that cannot be deleted.
Change your HDD To SSD:
If you have tested the entire methods mentioned above. And still, your Mac system has not gotten speed as you expected. Then there is no issue with your Mac computer internally. Applying all the above techniques means that you have optimized your system entirely. And configured all the problems.
The last option that you can test is that you need to change your hard drive. Once you check your Mac, you may see that the hard drive associated with your Mac system is HDD(Hard drive disk).whcih is an old-school storage device that uses mechanical platters and a moving read/write head to access data. While the SSD( Solid State Disk) is is a newer, faster type of device that stores data on instantly-accessible memory chips.
If we compare the HDD with and SSD.it is evident that the SSD is better than HDD in all features like speed, battery consumption, and life span, etc. And therefore, the only thing that is negative in SSD is its Price. The SSD is much Expensive than that of its HDD drive.
- How to Sync Outlook Calendar with iPhone?
- How to install VMware on macOS?(A to Z Procedure).
- A complete guide to Speed up Windows Systems.
- How to download Virtualbox on MacOS?(Complete Guide).
- How to make Apple ID account for Apple Products?
- How to uninstall Applications from macOS Mojave?
And that’s all about how you can speed up your mac system, though it is said that the mac systems do not get slow. But that no true all. Excessive and continuous utilization makes everything old, And an old machine can never complete a new machine. And just like human machines also get weak with time as we use those. So, to conclude our topic, we would like to say that we do not forget to look at our Editor’s Recommendations for more knowledge of technology and the Mac world.