There is nothing perfect in the world. And more specifically, in the world of electronics, It is unexplainable. We all use computers, smartphones, and other electronic devices. And one of the most issues users face is the slowness of the system, which irritates the users. Anyway, how we can speed up windows 10, in this article, we are going to go through some of the most efficient and recommended techniques to speed up our PC.
There are many reasons, due to which our PC gets slow. Below we are going to tell regarding those issues, which is the reason behind most of the cases. And you do not need to download any other third-party apps to get more Speed on the system. So, let’s see how we can enhance the efficiency of our Computer?
Table of Contents
Run Disk Cleanup Process:
With time using our computers.More and more files stores on our Computer. And most of them are temporary files, or we no longer require those space-eating files. Therefore Disk Clean up is a fabulous built-in tool of Microsoft Windows, which you can use and delete all the temporary files from the system in just some steps.
To try the cleanup utility
- Go to the search bar and type disk cleanup.
- Now click on the tool to open, and the app will give options to select which drive.
- Now select the drive you want to clean and click Continue.
- Then the app will calculate how much space you will get after cleaning the disk. Moreover, it will give options to clean what kind of files.
- Once you check the boxes of required data, Click on clean, And the utility will start to clean up the drive and once cleaned. It will be aware of the space cleaned by applying the process.
Turn off the Transparency effects:
It may seem unusual, That how this option slows down the system. But if you get the reason for transparency, you will get to disable this option. The idea is that the windows use a lot of resources on display functions to give clean and bright output. And therefore, the Transparency option consumes lots of RAM. Moreover, you do not require this option, and disabling this may not affect your display too much but can defiantly consume less RAM.
To disable this option
- Go to the Settings.
- Click on personalization.
- Then click on Color.
- And now you will see the Transparency effects option. Now, disable the option.
Disable Special effects:
You may not be familiar with this option. But your system has this option and automatically have chosen some settings. Turning off the transparency effect is not enough. You need to put a glance on this as well. This is also a built-in utility by Microsoft to manage the system’s compatibility with the visual effects settings.
To check this option
- Right-click on the This Computer icon on your screen.
- Then you will see a different option. Click on the Properties.
- It will open the Control Panel home window.
- This is the window where you can see the essential functions of your Computer.
- Now click on Advanced system settings on the left side of the screen.
- Here a small window will appear showing the Performance setting. And click on Settings.
- Now here you can see the settings of visual effects. Additionally, you can select the Adjust for best performance, Adjust for best appearance. Let windows choose the best options or Custom option. And once you decide. Click on Apply to execute the settings.
You will see the third option is automatically selected.you can select the Custom option. Which allows you to choose your desired option. And you can Uncheck the boxes that you think you can work without. This Setting will improve the system’s Speed to a great extend and help you while working.
Reduce the number of startup Programs:
This problem has been with my Computer for a long time until I got the solution. You may have observed that your Computer takes too much time to boot up. And you do not know why it happens. Well this happens, Because too many heavy apps are added in the startup, which you have to reduce the number. Because the apps you have added or automatically added in startup time will start at the same time when you start your Computer. And therefore it takes too much time to start each app one by one.
To reduce the number of startup apps
- Right-click on the Start button and select the Task Manager.
- Now on the Task Manager, click on the Startup Tab.
- Now all the apps will appear those are Enable. Additionally, you can see the impact of the apps on the startup on a computer.
- Now Right-click on the apps and select the option of Disable.
Next time when you turn on your Computer, You will observe a significant increase in the Speed of the booting of the Computer.
Defragment your Hard disk:
How to speed up Windows 10. There is a substantial connection between the hard drive of the Computer and the Speed of the Computer. As you use the hard drive, it becomes more fragmented with time. And it stores the data carelessly. And while opening that FileFile, it takes time to put the FileFile together before running it.
Windows 10, though, has a built-in defragmenter you can use to defragment your hard disk. You can even tell it to run automatically so it stays constantly defragmented. To apply this
- Type Defrag in the search box. And Enter to open the app.
- Now in the windows select the drive you want to defragment.
- Then click on the Optimist Tab to defragment the drive. Additionally, you can choose multiple disks by holding down the Ctrl button and click each you want to defragment.
- If you’re going to have your CD or drives defragmented automatically, click the Change settings button, then check the box next to “Run on a schedule.” Now select the frequency at which you want the disk(s) defragmented by clicking the drop-down next to Frequency and selecting Daily, Weekly or Monthly.
- And finally, click on OK to execute the command.
And applying this technique will also speed up your Windows 10 to some extend.
Pause one drive Syncing:
One Drive is an excellent option to store our files in cloud storage and maintain functional hard disk space that can also speed up Windows 10. We all use One drive to store files online and can access the data from anywhere we want. But you also need to synchronize one drive with the Computer so that you do not need to get panic of file damage. Overall syncing is essential for the Computer. But it can also slow down your running windows. To see where pausing synchronization can speed up the windows go to
- Search bar and type one drive. Your app will appear near the Notification Area.
- Select one drive and then click on More.
- And then select Pause syncing. And choose the time you want to pause the syncing for.
- Then while using your Computer, you can observe how pausing synchronization impacted your Speed of windows.
- To resume synchronization go to one drive click on More and then click on Resume Syncing.
Remove Viruses and Malware:
Viruses and malware have always been dangerous for your Computer, especially for your data. But these also impact the Speed of your windows 10 computer. Viruses and malware disturb the workability of the Computer, which results in consuming more time to respond. Some other symptoms include unexpected pop-up messages, programs that unexpectedly start automatically, or the sound of your hard disk continually working.
The best way to detect malicious files and data on your Windows is to scan for Viruses and Malware by using Windows Security. This is also a built-in app by Microsoft to defend your windows from malicious attacks by Scanning and Terminating those Anti Computer utilities.
To scan against Viruses by Windows Security go to
- Go to the Setting of your Windows computer.
- Then click on Update and Security.
- Now click on Windows Security.
- And then click on Open Windows Security.
- Now, Select Virus and threat protection and check Updates.
- And then, click on Quick Scan. This will scan your Computer in a quick way to detect any malicious data.
- If Windows Security finds any malware or Virus. Try to Remove or Quarantine the Virus, .and if you could not Contact Microsoft.
You can use other options also for the scanning of viruses and malware, And it takes some time to complete the scanning depending on the time of scanning.
Use ReadyBoost to Speed up windows:
Readyboost is also an excellent option to speed up the windows 10. But it is somehow untraditional too. You may have heard that the more space the hard drive manages, the more Speed your Computer runs. And ReadyBoost is for the same purpose. Readyboost lets you use external storage like a USB drive or external hard disk to enhance computers performance without opening your Computer or adding more RAM. To use ReadyBoost, you’ll need a USB flash drive or a memory card or external storage that has at least 500 MB free and a high data transfer rate.
To use Readyboost
- Connect your flash drive or any other external storage tool wit computer.
- Go to the Taskbar and select the File Explorer.
- Now, Press and hold (or right-click) the USB flash drive (or SD card if you used one instead), then select Properties.
- Select the ReadyBoost tab, then choose to use this device.
Windows determines if the device can use ReadyBoost. If it can’t, it’ll let you know.
- After Windows determines how much free space to use to optimize memory, select OK to reserve this space so ReadyBoost can use it.
- When you look at the contents of the USB flash drive in File Explorer, you’ll see a file named ReadyBoost.sfcache on the flash drive. This FileFile shows how much space is reserved for ReadyBoost.
ReadyBoost can’t be used if Windows is installed on a solid-state drive (SSD). An SSD is already fast, and ReadyBoost won’t be able to improve its performance.
Update your Windows:
Many users usually turn off the Automatic Windows update, and that also affects the Speed of your windows 10 computer. Microsoft continuously releases updates for Windows, which include bug fixes. The bugs may seem minor effectors, but no, these can cause significant effects on the performance of Windows. And Turning off the update may not prevent them. So, always turn the Automatic updates to whenever a new update comes your windows will automatically update and fixes all the issues that degrade the system’s performance.
Turn on automatic updates.
- Go to the Windows Settings.
- Open the Update and Security Tab.
- Click on Check for updates.
- And also, turn on the Automatic updates down on the same page.
Remember to back up your files before update to prevent any losses in case of any technical issue during the updates.
Shut down and Restart your Computer:
This may seem useless, But it works. If you understand the reason behind it. The more apps and software open on a computer, the more it consumes RAM and Processor. And obviously, most of those apps are required for one time, but it remains open. Moreover, many times Unintentionally, many hidden apps consume RAM. And even we do not recognize. It happens because that may be opened at startup with the windows. So, there is only one way to close those, and that is the Restarting of the Computer.
When you shut down your Computer, All the programs close completely. And after you Restart your computer.those apps will not wakeup. And you can use those apps only which you need. Make sure to close any running programs and save your work before you do so. If your PC has slowed down to the extent that you can’t display the Windows menu, manually hold down the Power button until the Computer is fully powered off.
Sometimes apps that were made for an earlier version of Windows will still run on Windows 10, but they might slow down your PC. If this happens after you open a specific program, check the software company’s website for an updated version, or run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.
To run the program compatibility Troubleshooter go to
- Search box and type troubleshoot.
- Then click on troubleshoot settings.
- Now, you will see a list of troubleshooters, select Program Compatibility Troubleshooter, and run the troubleshooter.
- Select the program that you’re having problems with, then select Next and continue through the troubleshooter.
And it’s done! It will defiantly enhance the performance of your Computer. And removes all the issues caused by such apps.
- How to Install Windows 10 on the Mac system?
- The complete guide to downloading the Windows Media Creation tool.
- How to download iTunes on Windows 10 in Three steps?
- How to Reset forgotten password of Windows 10?
- Convert Word file into PDF Using MS office?
Well, in this article, we brought some ten tips on how you can improve the performance of your Computer executing these steps. Moreover, as we tasted these settings, .these enhance the Speed of Windows 10 to a great extent, and one can easily differentiate the Speed of his Computer before these steps and after these steps. If you are fed up with the slow performance of your Computer. We highly suggest you try these methods and get rid of slow performance. To sum up, we would recommend you not to forget to read our Editor’s Recommendations. That can increase your knowledge.