Our video editor community has become an essential part of the online world. Before, they were bound to the offline world. But from the day visual content risen, our video editing community also found a company in the online world. And especially youtube has given an excellent opportunity for video editors to show their skill. But many elementary level editors want to excel in the field. Still, the cost the video editing software charge is two high.but do not worry, we have brought a list of world’s best free video editors for windows.
In the list, you see some of the paid video editing tools, But do not worry that there are lots of legitimate methods to use that paid software and tools free. You just need to claim down and type in google to youtube how to use video editing software free. And you will get unlimited methods. And we are sure most of the ways work. Because I have tested many of them and those operated.
Table of Contents
The first software is Filmora. Filmore is one of the world’s best video editors for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. I am sure most people know it as a paid tool. But I have good news for you that You can use it free too. As we have tried this, there is a weak point on Filmore that people can use it freely.
Filmore has almost all the tools that one beginner or a professional need to edit a video entirely. It also has its copyleft music that you can use in your videos to add extra taste while watching the video. But, indeed, we must not use other tools freely And get the advantage of the things which we do not allow. Our suggestions here that as a learner you can use, but when you become professional, you must use it in the right way because still, free use can make you sometimes annoy during editing.
Moreover, Filmora has the broad support of different formats and a wide range of stunning effects. You can also burn your video to DVD as well that most of the other software does not have the option. As a whole, we can say the Filmore is all in one best tool for the beginner as well as professional video editors.
Windows movie maker:
The second spot has been seized by windows movie maker 10. This app is another product of apple as known by its name. The windows movie maker is free for everyone under Microsoft’s license. It has almost all the essential, necessary tools that you need in video editing, such as timing, joining, effects, background music, text edition in the video, and much more. The moviemaker has all the tools that you need in basic or standard video editing.
Moreover, it has a Pro version as well, that you can buy from Microsoft store. But the Pro version also does not contain all the stunning features that a professional editor works with. But still, it worth trying and surly enhances once video editing skills. And you can download it through guidelines from the article on how to download windows movie maker.
- It contains all the necessary tool like trimming and joining
- It can export files in HD.
- You can add background music to the video.
- You can add text in the video.
- Easy to use interface.
Movavi Video Editor Plus:
Although Movavi is new software, it has got huge recognition from professional video editors. This software allows a list of premium tools to edit the videos like next-level editing. Rather than many other software Movavi doesn’t require a computer with many heavy specifications.
You can run and edit your videos using standard PCs. Some of Movavi’s features that it has are a picture in picture mode, an endless range of filters and transitions, a Chrome key for spectacular background editing, and so on. You can use this software and make your own next-level video editing just for a one-time fee of $59.95.
- Comparatively simpler interface.
- A wide range of titles, filters and transition effects.
- Stabalization and stylization.
- Picture in Picture mode.
- Available in more then Ten languages.
So, here we are with light work. It on one of the most downloaded software for video editing purposes.LIghtwork was initially developed for Linux but also came on windows and mac over time. The free version of Lightworks can trim the video parts, Multicam support adding effects to the video and exporting the video after finishing in 720p HD format.
Furthermore, it also has its paid version that offers to ship video in 4k Resolution. The best thing about this software is that, Though it has advanced tools that you can use in creating amazing videos, it does not need advanced features in your or compatibility in your system. It can work comprehensively on any standard system
- Imports files in all formats.
- The free version can back up and archive data.
- Exports in all forms and Resolution. (paid)
- Advanced project sharing. (paid)
- AJA, Blackmagic, Matrox, and Mackie Mixer Support. (paid)
- Timeline rendering. (paid)
The third in the list is Shotcut. The shot is also an open-source video editing software That allows its user to work on software efficiently with different variety of effects and filters. The software support all the major Operating systems windows, mac, and Linux.
Shotcut has lots of verities for video editing like including trimming, joining, copying, citing, and so on. It’s easy to use features like drag and drop makes it easy and quick to use.
- Its video features include HTML 5 video and audio source.
- Three-way color wheels for better grading and coloring.
- Video broad transitions and Track compositing.
- Speed effect for audio and video, reverse the clip.
- Video scopes like RGB Parade, Histogram, RGB waveform, and much more.
- Its editing area includes copying, insert, hide, and mute video and audio.
- Detach audio from video clip
- Presets for most filters and Export – both supplied and user-created
- Sort playlist by name or creation/recording date
- Multi-select items in the playlist and timeline, and much more.
By the name, you may guess that this is for mac. Yes, it is the best and most popular video editing software for Mac OS users. It has impressive intuitive editing features that let you make beautiful videos never like before. Though iMovie has not all the advanced functionality like other ounces like 360 video editing and motion tracking, still is in the marketing, the number of downloaders is increasing consistently.
- The iMovie has more than 29 Hollywood style trailer templates that you can use for your editing purposes.
- It can edit and export the video in 4k Resolution. And Supports for 1080p HD video at 60 frames per second for smoother, more lifelike action shots.
- The iMovie also Automatically zooms in on faces and glide across panorama photos with the Ken Burns Effect. Moreover, it has more than fun video and audio effects.
- The 4K Export requires a Mac from 2011 or later with at least 4GB of RAM. Full-resolution 4K playback is supported on iMac with Retina display.
- The new version has helped the editors in the case of macOS Catalina that used to prevent media from appearing in the Photos library browser.
- Besides in the latest version, you do not have any issue with the thumbnail, That could not be updated while skimming titles.
VSDC video editor:
The VSDC video editors is a free and paid editor with multi-monitor support. The editor allows us to import any video format and use all types of editing. The new version of the software again has made it stand on the line. That includes a super easy interface, And the time-saving tools enable the user to edit longer videos in less time.
- With the help of visual and audio effects, You can edit your videos to achieve the necessary result. Since the number of possible visual impact is very high.
- The video blender allows you to use a wide range of adjustable parameters.\
- The different shaped masks will enable you to hide, blur, and highlight the areas in your videos.
- The Motion tracking tool allows for registering and tracking movements of any objects in a video and then assigns the resulted trajectory to other elements, including titles, captions, icons, images, masks, and much more.
- The subpixel accuracy allows users to make smooth animation, rotation, transformation, and precise relative positioning.
On the seventh spot, the software for video editing in Blender. This is open-source software for 3D animation along with video editing. More than video editing, the app is famous for its 3D animation fountains. But as a video editor, also it has some of the advanced tools like Audio mixing, syncing, scrubbing, and waveform visualization. Moreover, its video editing panel includes
- Live preview, luma waveform, chroma vectorscope, and histogram displays.
- Moreover, it has more than thirty-two slots for adding video, images, audio, scenes, masks, and effects.
- Besides, the speed control adjustment layers, transitions keyframes, and filters make it appropriate for video editing.
HitFlim Express is also a free video editing software focusing more on advanced video editing. With all the necessary video editing tools like trimming, citing, traditions and effects, it has more advanced functionalities like slow motion tracking and much more. Unlike most of the other software, this software demand some more high functions in the system to work smoothly and without any issue. And its free version also allows users to use a limited number of necessary tools. And the full video editing can be done on upgrading to full Pro version of the software.
One of the ninth spots is Kdenlive video editing software. It is also an open-source free to use the tool. On Kdenlive, most of the video editing takes place MLT framework, which relies on many other open-source platforms. The software is a beneficial beginner and professional alike. Moreover, the software can back up your work and protect your work. Though the software doesn’t have a specific support team, you can still get answers to your queries online.
- Kdenlive allows you to use and arrange several audio and video tracks, and each one can be locked or muted to your convenience.
- Kdenlive support all the video and audio formats that make your free from re-encoding or converting the files before importing.
- Moreover, you can configure your interface by dragging the layouts in your desired area.
- The transitions and effects rendering from colour correction to audio adjustments let you apply your desired editings.
- Audio Meter, RGB parade, Histogram, waveform, and much more balance the audio correctly.
- And lastly, the keyframe effects let you change the parameters over timing.
How to choose the best one?
- Well, there are a couple of parameters you have to take care of. The first thing you need to consider is the price of the software. How much does it cost? And if that is free, what functionality does it include as we tested the tools and came to a conclusion concerning the price of editing software. So, we recommend that there are many free video editing software which has all the features needed to edit a video. But again, if you a professional, it is pretty hard to get one software that includes all features free. But you require one just for the usual video editing of your YOutube videos or Vlogs. The open sources can fulfill the requirements.
- The second point you need to consider is how easy it is to use and to learn the software. The software, specifically video editing software, is somehow regarded as difficult. But the developers also try to make the software user friendly to their best. Therefore, check what sort of interface matches your habits and which software you can use in the best way.
- The third thing must consider before installing any software which you thing the best links to your self. You should check your system’s compatibility with the requirements of the software Because the fewer systems compatibility could create problems during work and may cause serious consequences.
- Lookup for the reviews of the user who had installed that particular software and what they say about the software. Reviews are the best solution for the user who does not have an idea about the product they want to own because the reports are based on actual examination of those users how once had used that product and what pros and cons that particular customer observes in that product.
- You can also get ideas by asking those who are using video editing software. You could have someone known in your surroundings who handles such things and who could be better any real man in front of you and giving his review about that particular video editing software he uses.
- And finally, the judgment comes to you. If you are going to use free video editing software. What are your requirements? What sort of videos you want to edit and what functionalities you need in that software. You must remember that different software focuses on different areas of editing, and as per your choice, the one you consider will be the best. Grab that!
- Top 10 best apps for writers in 2020.
- The best of 10 apps for photo editing in 2020.
- The best software for animation-all time best.
- Top 10 best apps for students and teachers.
- The best Free VPN apps for android- updated 2020.
- The best free websites for watching movies in 2020.
In this article, we discussed the best free video editing software for Windows, Mac, or any other operating system. The report includes top Nine apps, which after testing and two much considering gave spot on the list. Moreover, we also write a whole section, how to make the final decision to get the best one. And which ones fulfil your editing requirements. But to sum up, we would say that did you find any other option that missed in our research. Tell us in the comment section.