Many people are unfamiliar with parallel Operating systems. And consider it impossible or very difficult to implement. But in fact, it is not. Thanks to the Virtual machines like VMware and Oracle Virtualbox. The virtual machines make it possible to operate two OSes on one computer. But how to do it? Have you tried to install Windows 10 on Mac using Virtualbox?
In this article, we are going to guide you on how can you run Windows 10 on macOS using Virtualbox. OSX is the best OS for mac computers. But many times, we require more OSes on one device. And here the Virtualbox is the best option. The Oracle Virtualbox allows users to efficiently operate multiple Operating systems on one device very comprehensively and in a straight forward way.
And how to do that? Below we are going to tell you the entire procedure to install windows 10 on macOS using Virtualbox. So, without wasting any time, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Before creating a windows 10 virtual machine. Your mac must fulfil the following specifications for the smooth and error-free performance of Both the guest and host Operating systems.
- Minimum 2GB RAM recommended 8GB.
- The device must have at least 16GB of hard disk space for the creation of Windows 10 guest OS. Moreover, you will need extra space for the virtual hard disk for the guest OS.
- The minimum processor speed is one GHz. But more the processor, better will be its performance.
- The graphic card required should be minimum Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver.
How to install Windows 10 on Virtualbox?
The first thing that you need is the Virtualbox software installed on your macOS. If you have done it, so you can directly start the procedure on the installation of windows 10. If not, you can take guidelines from here on how to install Virtualbox on macOS.
Create a New Virtual Machine:
Open the Virtualbox software and click on New on the top right side of the window. And then a new window opens. Here give a name to your new virtual machine. As we are creating a Windows 10 Virtual machine, so we will provide names according to that. And click Continue to proceed to the next step.
Select RAM size:
Now, in the new window, specify how much RAM you want to allocate in the new virtual machine. You can also see the recommendations by the Virtualbox. If it depends on you, how much RAM you want to assign. If you’re going to create only one Virtual machine, So it is better to allocate 40% of your RAM. But if you create more than one virtual machine. So, it is recommended to divide the RAM between those OSes.
Specify Hard disk Type and Size:
- Now, in this step, you will be given three options. Remember to select the Create a Virtual hard disk now option and then click on Create button to create it.
- Then again, three more options will appear VDI, VHD, and VMDK. From these three options, you need to select the VHD option and then click on the Continue button.
- After that step, now select the Fixed Size option. Moreover, the system also explains the difference between both options. There are no restrictions to choose the option we say only. You can also select the Dynamically allocated option.
- And finally, allocate space for the virtual machine. This space is the space, that will be available in the guest OS’s virtual hard disk. Here again, it depends on your requirement. That how you use this space. If you are thinking to install any large file, so allocate more space.
Now, the virtual machine has successfully been created. However, now you need to download the ISO file of Windows 10 to complete the procedure.
Download Windows 10 ISO file:
Go to the Microsoft Website and click on Download Tool Now. And .exe file about the size of 18.4MB will start to download on your device. Once the downloading complete, proceed to the next step.
Manage Settings area:
- As the ISO file has been downloaded. Go to the Virtualbox software and click on the Settings button.
- Now, find the storage option. And click on it. Then in that section, click on Empty, which will open a new popup window.
- In this window click on disk highlighted as number three. And it will redirect you to the downloaded ISO file. Double click on the ISO file and then click on OK button.
- Once you click on OK button, it this section is complete now. Close this window.
Install Windows 10:
Now, in the Virtualbox software. Select your Virtual machine and click on the Start button. This will open the installation windows for the installation of Windows 10.
Finally, the rest process is of the installation of Windows 10, which everyone usually does. The installation process is not so much complicated. You just need to follow the instructions given on-screen, and then you will get a congratulations message when the installation finishes successfully.
Now, you can use your guest OS windows 10 along with Host OS macOS. Even you can share different functionalities between the two OSes.
- How to install windows 10 on macOS using Boot camp?
- How to install VMware on macOS?( Complete guide)
- A Complete guide on how to install macOS huge sierra.
- How to download Docker for mac? ( A to Z guide)
- How to download and install Virtualbox on macOS?
This was all about the installation of windows 10 on macOS as a guest OS using Virtualbox software. Moreover, if you face any issue regarding the procedure, you can ask us in the comment section. To conclude, we would like to say that we do not forget to read our Editor’s recommendations and do follow us for more knowledge and info regarding the Virtualbox and Technology world.