The Remote desktop feature is one of the Windows best features. As it is obvious by the name. The Remote desktop feature allows you to access your PC remotely. And therefore, ahead in this article, we are going to guide yours thoroughly on how to use remote desktop in Windows 7, 8, and 10.
This feature is added in every edition of Windows including home, pro, and enterprise, etc. You can access the remote desktop from any version of Windows due to the presence of the client. However, You can only connect to PC using remote desktop having editions professional and Enterprise. Because the Server is only included in these two editions.
So, without wasting time lets get straight into it!
How to use remote desktop in Windows 7?
- First of all, start your computer and hit the start button.
- Then go the Control panel. Or you can directly search for Control Panel.
- In this area, click on the System and Security.
- Now, in the systems sub-options, an option appears by name of “Allow Remote access“, hit on this option.
- Then among these options, click on Remote.
- Then, choose “Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (more secure)”.
- Select users now and then add.
- Enter your myLSU ID, and click OK.
- Now, select the Computer name option beside the remote option.
- And there check out the full Computer name.
Note: Many users cannot access this feature due to firewall settings. To confirm the connection, go to Search > Windows Firewall > Allow Exceptions > Check the box of Remote desktop.
How to connect to another computer?
Now, it is time to connect to that computer from another computer.
- Go to the Start menu and search for “Remote desktop connection“.
- Now, enter the “full name of that computer“, which you noted earlier and click on “Connect“.
- You may also require to enter the username and password for security purposes.
- When you want to disconnect the connection. Simply hit the start button and log off. This will disconnect both computers from each other.
How to use Remote desktop in Windows 10?
As you have learned how to use remote desktop in Windows 7. So , now it is time to do it in Windows 10. However, there are not much difference between the process.
- First of all, Go to the search area and type Remote Access.
- Now, you will be directed to the Remote desktop panel.
- Then, just turn on the Remote desktop and type confirm again.
- Now, scroll down, and there you will be shown a Computer name.
- you will need to enter the name while connecting the two devices.
How to connect the computers?
Now, from another computer, from which you want to use you computer remotely.
- Go to its search area, and type Remote desktop. And it will open a new window.
- Now, enter the name of that computer, which you want to use remotely and then hit on Connect.
- Then enter the user name and password to proceed.
- Once prompt. Then you will have full access to the other computer from a far distance.
To disconnect the devices, again go to start menu, and click on log off. And both devices will get disconnected.
Next up in Windows OS:
So, in this report, we comprehensively explained how you can use the remote desktop feature to connect two PCs. Moreover, the same process of Windows 10 can be applied in Windows 8 OS. However, you may also need to visit the Firewall settings area to enable remote desktop functionality.
DO follow us for more updates and new knowledge on Windows OS. And further, if you get an issue you could approach us through the comment section.