The factory reset is one of the most useful features of Windows 10. And there will a time when you will need this. Because it is the most helpful way to wipe out the entire data from the device. However, in this article, our primary focus will be on how to factory reset Windows 10.
However, you may think, why one should factory reset their Windows 10. Well, there are many reasons for this. The first reason that most people factory reset their PC is that their PC is lagging or not working properly. Because as a user working too much on PC or downloading some inappropriate software on it could result in lethargy.
Similarly, when you are going to sell your computer to any strange buyer. You would not want your sensitive data or personal information to be transferred to someone else. So, in this case, the factory reset is the best option to execute and obliterate the entire data.
So, now let’s talk about how to factory reset our Windows system.
Table of Contents
How to factory reset Windows 10?
There are two ways to do the factory reset. With the first method, you can reset your Windows PC by accessing the Settings area. And in the second method, you can do it without logging in of the PC. That is Cool!
Note: One necessary thing is BackUp. You should back up your PC before making this change not only in this case. It is always a good idea to back up our files before making any significant difference in our digital media.
So let’s talk about both methods. And see how to do that.
Factory reset through the built-in method:
This is the easiest method to factory reset our PC’s. To apply this method, follow the below instructions!
- Click on the Windows icon in the bottom left side of the screen.
- Now, Go to the Settings area.
- In these windows, Click on Update and Security.
- Now, in the Navigation panel, tap on the Recovery option.
- In the recovery option. The Reset this PC option appears. (As mentioned by number 4.
- Once you click on Get started option. You will be asked to choose from two options.
- Keep my files.
- Remove everything.
If you want just to reset your device because it was not working properly, so, the best option is to Keep my files to choose from. And applying this option will not remove your data though it will give you a list of apps that you may not want on your PC.
But Delete everything option will wipe out all the data from your PC including apps, files history, etc. And retrieving back those data will be so much harder in the future.
Anyways, then click on Reset. Now, the whole data is being erased by the system. And it may take some time depending on the speed of your PC.
During this process, your computer may restart several times. But when finally the data is wiped. The system will automatically reboot. And you will get a new Windows OS PC.
Factory reset without password:
In the second method, you can reset your system without logging in. And you can reboot your PC from the login screen. So, lets read further how to do that.
- Start your PC. And do not enter the password.
- Now, once press Enter, and it will take you to the login screen.
- Here, Hold the Shift key and press on the Power button > Restart button on your screen in the bottom right corner.
- Now, the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) will open.
- Here, again choose the option, Reset your PC from the advanced options.
- And again, you will be given the two options of whether to keep the files or Delete everything.
- Choose your desired option and proceed.
- Now, again hit on Reset and the system will start to Reset.
- And again, as stated before, the system will take some time to Restart depending on the speed of your order and the size of files. And once the system is the factory reset. The PC will automatically restart.
Next up in Microsoft Windows:
- How to backup Windows 10 on an external hard drive?
- How to install Windows 10 from USB flash drive?
- A complete guide on how to speed up slow Windows 10.
- How to upgrade Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10?
- The top 3 ways to run Microsoft Windows on macOS.
- The best free video editing tools for Windows 10.
That’s all about the factory reset of your Windows without a password or from the settings area. In this article, we brought the easiest and quickest way to execute this option. Consequently, we would like to say that DO follow us for more info and knowledge. And also do not forget to read our other Recommendations.