iPhone and Android have become two dominant smartphone brands across the world. And unfortunately, both the companies have different Operating systems. Due to which it is always challenging to interact or share things between both smartphones, including the transfer of Whatsapp from iPhone to Android.
The Whatsapp is the world’s top app being used for online communication between friends and families. The latest statistics show that more than 2+ Billion users use the Whatsapp massager app monthly for video calls and massaging.
Moreover, people usually change there smartphone. Because their old smartphone does not work correctly or due to any other reason. Therefore, today we have brought the easiest and straight forward methods the transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android phone. Additionally, you can also check here how to transfer data from WhatsApp from Android to iPhone.
There are plenty of ways to transfer WhatsApp chat data from iPhone to Android, But most of those methods are too old, or you may face issues applying those methods. Therefore, in this article ahead, we have brought some of the latest working ways, that you can use in the newest version of the WhatsApp messenger app.
So without wasting any time, let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
Transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android using Backup:
If you are going to change your smartphone for good, Than this is the best method to do it. Using this method for transferring data, you can transfer all the history of that contact number to your new smartphone. And you can uninstall the WhatsApp messenger app from the old mobile. And you are done! You will have all the WhatsApp data, including chat, Call history, and numbers, on your new smartphone.
To do it you need to
- Go to your Phone and open the WhatsApp app.
- Now click the three dots appearing on the top right side on the screen.
- Then click on the Settings button.
- In the Settings area, tap on Chats.
- Now, scroll down and click on the Chat Backup button.
- Then, Select the Backup Now. And The current WhatsApp data will start to Backup.
- Once the Backup completes, go to your new Android Phone and install the WhatsApp messenger app from the App store.
- Now, sign-in to the account that you backed up recently. And finally, the app will ask to Restore the data. Click on it to restore the aggregate data that you had on your iPhone mobile.
- However, if you already had WhatsApp on your Android Phone with another account and want to sign-in with the account that you had on iPhone. So, simply open whats app > Settings > Account > Change Number. And then you will be able to migrate to your new number.
With this method, you will be able to transfer the entire data of the WhatsApp app, however, if you want to move chat history manually. You can apply the second method.
Transfer WhatsApp data manually:
Using this method, you can transfer any chat history manually to another WhatsApp user. Below is the detail on how to do it.
- First of all, open your iPhone mobile and open the WhatsApp app.
- Then, Click on the Three dots appearing on the screen.
- Now, open the Settings area.
- In the Settings area, tap on the option Chat History.
- Now, in this area, an option of Export Chat appears. Click on it.
- After that, Select the Chat history you want to export to any other WhatsApp user.
- After you select the history, you can export the chat history through the desired media.
- If the receiver is located near you, you can easily export the chat using Wifi Direct, Bluetooth, etc. But if the receiver is out of reach of this method. You can simply send the conversation through Email.
And finally, once the Email is sent. The receiver will get the Chat history on his Email. These two methods are the easiest ways to transfer the data from one device to another. However, for your more information, we are going to look at one last method that you may like.
Transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android via third-party apps:
There are millions of apps available on the app store. And daily thousands of apps are added in that category. Therefore, there are apps almost for any sort of online purpose.
Undoubtedly, there are also many apps to transfer WhatsApp data from one device to another. Here we tasted some of those most-used apps, and here is what you can get from such apps.
You may find many articles that are recommending affiliated apps. But we in our report will introduce some of those apps, which are worth to try and you would like to try on your own once.
Some of those apps are
- Wazzap Migrator.
- Dr.Fone-WhatsApp Transfer.
- WhatsApp Transfer, Backup & Restore.
The biggest pros of the third-party apps are that these apps can be used on any device, whether that is Desktop, laptop, or any brand of smartphone. And secondly, accept for WhatsApp data, you can transfer additional data from one device to another including, Contacts, Emails, Videos, Music collection, and so on.
While the cons of these apps are that these apps usually charge a bit amount of money from the user. Which we think is unnecessary.
Secondly, When we can transfer data freely without any hassle, it is not required to add any extra software to our mobile. It also captures space, and using such apps may cause security risks.
- How to transfer data from Android to iPhone?
- How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone?
- A complete guide on how to take ScreenShots on any PC.
- How to Root an Android Smartphone? (A to Z) Guide.
- How to download videos from Facebook on any smartphone?
- Top 10 Best Apps for Photo Editing in any smartPhone.
That is about the sharing of WhatsApp conversation data between different smartphones. We hope that this article solves your issues. And if you have further questions, you may ask us in the Comment Section.
Consequently, we would like to say that DO follow us for more info and knowledge regarding technology. And also, do not forget to read our editors’ recommendations.