WhatsApp is the world’s most used App for online communication, though it is banned in many countries like China, North Korea, Iran, and many more. And the users usually confront different issues like deleting chats and massages intentionally or unintentionally. However, therefore, in this article, we are going to guide you on how to recover deleted Whatsapp messages on Android or iPhone.
You may have got some important messages or chats deleted on your Whatsapp app. Ahead we are going to view some of the latest and straight forward methods to retrieve the deleted Whatsapp messages on any smartphone.
You may find some other methods too, but unfortunately, with the new updates of WhatsApp usually, we need to update the techniques also. In this article ahead, we are bringing some of the updated ways to reclaim the deleted messages.
So without wasting time, lets dive in!
How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages?
Well, there are plenty of ways to regain the deleted chats. However, below we will go through some of the standard and most natural methods to recover the deleted messages.
Recover the deleted messages via Google drive:
The backup option is a very beneficial option for Whatsapp. The data you will recover, because, it has been backed up on your Google drive. You may also check it in the Settings area, or you might have noted sometime that the Whatsapp gets back up automatically frequently. It is because it is set up like that in the beginning.
So, to retrieve the deleted messages, you need to
- First of all, uninstall the Whatsapp app on your smartphone.
- Then, again reinstall the App on your smartphone.
- When you reinstall the App, sign in with your same account.
- And once you sign in, you will get the option of Restore the data.
- Here, you just need to tap on the Restore option to restore the entire data.
And hopefully, you will get all the data on your advice, including the deleted data.
- You will only be able to recover that data, which had been backed up in the past.
- It doesn’t allow you to recover the data selectively, and you need to restore the whole files on the backup copy, even some of them are useless.
- If you skip the restore step when you reinstall WhatsApp, you could never restore it in this way.
So, this is the standard way to retrieve the deleted Whatsapp data from iPhone, Android, and other brands of smartphones. However, if you still want to find different ways. So, let’s go towards the second method on how to reclaim the deleted data.
Retrieve deleted messages from local Android Backup:
This is the other way you can use to recover the deleted Whatsapp messages on Android, and it does not work on IOS devices. This method retrieves the data from a local backup on your Android phone.
To recover data, you need to
- download the Google files App from the app store.
- Now go to the WhatsApp folder > Database. The Database folder contains all the WhatsApp backup files that are stored locally on your phone.
- Choose the file msgstore.db.crypt12 and rename it to msgstore_BACKUP.db.crypt12. This is your most recent backup file, and you need to rename it to restrict it from being overwritten. In case things go wrong, you can always rename this file to its original name and restore it.
- Now you will see a collection of files in this folder in the format msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12. These are your older WhatsApp backups, and you can choose the most recent one and rename it to msgstore.db.crypt12.
- Now, you need to open Google Drive on your smartphone, hit the icon (the three vertical lines) > Backups. Now delete the WhatsApp backup there. This will make your phone to restore from the local backup instead.
- And finally, uninstall and reinstall the Whatsapp app on your device. And it will prompt you to Restore Chats from local Back Up. Hit on Restore, and you will get all your chat data, Call history, and other data on your phone.
If your relevant data has got deleted and you could not retrieve it through the first method. Try the second method. Hopefully, you get those data.
So, in the third method, we are going to use an app, through which you can recover the deleted Whatsapp data.
Recover the deleted data with Android Photo recovery:
By name, it might appear to regain the deleted photos. But with this software also restore the deleted messages, pictures, videos and so on. To use this App.
- First of all, download and install the App on your computer and start the App.
- Now, you will be asked to connect your device. So, connect your device with a computer through data cable.
- Setup the Android to enable the USB debugging.
- After enabling USB debugging, your device will be recognized by the recovery tool. Save your time by choosing the detailed files that you want to be scanned, for example, “WhatsApp”. After that, you can click “Next” to move on.
- Now, the software is going to scan the Whatsapp messages on your device. But before that, you need to allow the software on your phone. You will be asked for permission.
- It will take you some time to scan the data. After that, you can preview all recoverable data found in the scan result. If you want to retrieve WhatsApp chat history, click “WhatsApp,” and you can preview read deleted messages on WhatsApp. Choose which to reestablish on your computer. Click the “Recover” button, and within a few minutes, the data will retrieve.
And finally, you will be able to get your deleted data on your computer. In case you could not find the message or Chat, you can choose to Deep scan your phone. In this mode, it will scan more files.
- How to transfer Whatsapp data from iPhone to Android?
- How to transfer Whatsapp data from Android to iPhone?
- A complete guide on how to show hidden files on macOS PC.
- How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone?
- How to Root Android phone? (A to Z) Guide.
So, it was all about how to recover the deleted Whatsapp messages on any smartphone, though few methods will work only on Android phones. We hope that this article resolves your problem of retrieving the deleted data. If you face further issues, you may send us through Commenting.