Undoubtedly, macOS Mojave is one of the best macOS versions. However, it depends on the mood of users, that which one they prefer? But the real question is How to downgrade from Mojave to high sierra if you dislike it or have any other concern with the Version.
Whenever the latest version of macOS is announced. So, the company makes additions and enhancements along with new versions. But again there are many people who don’t like to have new changes in their PCs, as I do.
And luckily you have the choice to downgrade your Operating system back to old versions as well as in case of macOS Catalina. However, today our main topic is not whether to roll back our OS or not. The main focus of our today’s article is how to downgrade from macOS Mojave to high sierra.
There are three different methods for three different conditions to roll back macOS Mojave to High Sierra. Therefore, in this report, we are going to reveal all three ways for the downgrade process.
But before, that bear in mind, that before downgrading, backing up the files is not a bad deal.
Downgrade Mojave to Hige Sierra, if your PC had shipped with High sierra:
Well, if your computer was firstly shipped with macOS high sierra. You can easily rollback the macOS Mojave to high sierra. In this case, you don’t need to go through the complex process. What you require to do is!
- Backup all your important data and Mac apps on an external drive.
- Then restart your Mac. And Press the Command + R until the Apple logo appears.
- And then your mac will enter the recovery mode.
- So, now in the macOS utility window, an option with the name of Reinstall macOS appears. Hit it.
- Press continue.
- Now, follow some on-screen instructions. And you mac will start to Factory reset.
- Then, when the reinstallation completes. you mac will Reboot. And finally, you will have your earlier macOS high sierra on your mac PC.
Downgrade Mojave using Time machine:
As, we always say, before making consequential alterations to your systems. It is always a good idea to back up our files, in case we confront any loss during the modifications. And here, if you had backed up your macOS high sierra. So, it means that the files are on the Time machine disk. You can easily reinstall macOS high sierra from the Time machine.
- connect your Time machine disk directly or over the network.
- Repeat the process, as we mentioned above until you enter the Recovery mode.
- Now, in the macOS utility window, Select Restore from Time machine backup option.
- If your backup is on an external drive. Select the time Capsule > Remote Disk.
- Enter your saved name and password.
- Then, choose the date and time of the backup you want to reinstall. Then hit on Continue.
Now, again, follow the on-screen instructions, until the restoration process concludes.
Downgrade Mojave to high sierra using the bootable installer:
You can use this method to roll back to any previous version. Using this method you can downgrade the installed macOS. But in this method, you need to create a bootable installer. Before, Apple used to make all previous versions of macOS available in the Purchased tab of the Store, but now, the most recent version there now is El Capitan.
Note: Now, Apple has added all the macOS versions in its store. Now, you can make a bootable installer of high sierra from the purchased tab in the store anytime.
Create a macOS High Sierra bootable installer:
- connect a USB flash drive or external hard drive with you Mac. That must have at least 12GB storage.
- Now, go to the App Store and download macOS high sierra installer.
- Go to the Application folder to find the Install macOS High Sierra app. Right-click on it and select Show Package Contents. Go to Contents > Resources > createinstallmedia.
- Then, in the Applications folder, hit the Utility option. And there open the Terminal.
- Type Sudo <drag and drop the “create install media” icon to add its path> – –volume <drag and drop the USB drive/external hard drive from Desktop to add its path>
- Click Return. type the administrator account password. When prompted to erase the drive, type Y then click Return. Wait till the Terminal displays Done, then quit Terminal.
Reinstall macOS high sierra and Restore settings:
- Connect the USB/external drive with the bootable installer.
- Reboot your Mac and hold the Option key.
- When the option to select a boot disk appears, choose the installer disk you just created.
- Then, the installation of the High Sierra will begin.
- When the installation concludes, your Mac will restart automatically.
- Now, set up your Mac with the Startup assistant. and restore the settings.
Next Up in macOS:
The top 10 macOS Terminal command, That you must know.
A Complete Guide on how to use Sidecar in macOS Catalina?
How to show hidden files on macOS PC?
How to download Docker on macOS?(Complete Guide).
Should you Upgrade macOS Mojave to Catalina?
The top 10 tips on how to Speed up slow macOS Catalina.
How to make Apple ID account for iPhone, iPad etc?
This article was al about downgrading your macOS Mojave to High Sierra. Above, we comprehensively explained the (A to Z) procedure, as well as with different methods.
consequently, we would like to say that, DO follow us more regarding macOS, windows, IOS, Android, Apple Watch, and countless collection of knowledge.