There are many reasons, due to which many people can use clean installation. One of the best ways to upgrade the older version of Windows to the latest Windows 10 version is the Clean install of Windows 10.
You can also directly upgrade Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10. But with that method, you can only upgrade your Windows.
The clean install of Windows 10 you can upgrade an older version of Windows or you can reinstall Windows 10 or you can also configure a new PC.
A clean install is the thing you can try after Windows’ automatic repair processes haven’t solved your problem. A clean install will return your computer to pretty much the same state it was in the day you first turned it on.
In this article ahead we are going to guide you on how can you clean install Windows 10? But before that let’s take a look at some prerequisites. And some preparation before the process.
Table of Contents
Prepare PC for Clean installation:
It is always a good idea to check the device before the clean installation. So, let’s see what things are required to clean install Windows 10.
- The processor must be a minimum of 1GHz or faster. It is recommended to have a 3GHz processor to run smooth action.
- The minimum RAM requirement for the 32bit system is 1GB, while for the 64bit system, the RAM requirement is 2GB.
- The PC must have a minimum of 32GB hard drive space for a clean installation.
- The graphic card must be compatible with DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.
Moreover, you need to have a USB flash drive or DVD to write the Windows 10 ISO file on them.
The clean installation erases all the data on the PC. And therefore backing up the important files is essential. Besides this, it is always recommended to backup files before making any big change to the digital products. In case, you may face any unpredictable issue.
How to Clean install Windows 10?
After the device is prepared for the main purpose. First of all, we need to go to the Microsoft official website and click on the Download Tool Now option to download the file.
Than a Setup.exe file will start to download on the device.
Create installation media:
Before starting the process, Restart the Windows and Attach a USB drive or enter DVD in the PC.
Now, Go to the download folder and click on the file to start the process. And accept the terms and policies of Microsoft Inc.
Select the Create an installation media for another PC option from the two appearing options. And then click on the Next button. However, you can directly upgrade your device by choosing the Upgrade PC Now option.
Then select your required Language, Windows version you want to install, and the architecture of Windows. And then click on the Next button to proceed.
Now, in the new window you will be asked to enter the Activation key. Moreover, you can read the highlighted instructions in the image. If you are installing Windows for the first time. You need to enter the product key of Windows 10.
Or else in case of reinstallation click on I don’t have a product key option.
Now, in the new window select the media you want to use. Whichever you are going to select both are going have the same procedure. So, once you select the media. Click on the Next button.
Then again select the media, where you are installing the Windows 10 ISO file. Once you choose the file, then the tool will start downloading Windows 10 on the chosen media. Once downloading completes, it will take another few minutes to turn the selected USB or DVD into Windows 10 installation media.
Now, Windows 10 has been downloaded on USB or DVD. You just need to connect the USB or DVD with any computer you want to upgrade, or reinstall Windows 10 or you want to configure that. You just need to follow some easy steps, which you perform in daily Windows installation.
- First of all Go to the USB drive connected with the computer. And click on it open.
- Now, the system will show the Windows version which is going to be installed on the PC. Moreover, you can manually manage the setting files and data by clicking on Change what to keep.
- Next, follow some easy steps like partitioning of hard drive, accepting terms and policies, and many more.
- Then finally, you will see that windows 10 will successfully install on your PC.
- How to upgrade Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10?
- How to install Windows 10 on macOS using Virtualbox?
- The best Three methods to run Windows on macOS.
- A Complete guide on how to speed up Windows 10.
- The All-time best free video editors for Windows 10.
- How to download iTunes on Windows7,8 or 10? ( Easiest Ways)
It was all about the clean installation. In this article we comprehensively figured out how to clean install windows 10. This method is useful to install Windows 10 on any other PC, that does not have a reach to the internet.
Any PC you want to reinstall Windows 10 on. or configure any new PC. To conclude, we would recommend you to read our editors’ recommendation too. And lastly do follow us for more info and knowledge on Windows and Technology.