I always aspired to install and try every Operating systems available. And thanks to Virtual Machines. Virtual machines played a vital role in my this dream And allowed me to run multiple operating systems on one device simultaneously. Therefore, I recently installed it for a test drive. And thus I have brought the complete guide on how to install Zorin OS on Virtualbox if you wish to too.
After installing Zorin OS on my computer through Virtualbox, I would say that It worth it. Zorin OS is much better than other Operating systems in some cases, as well as it requires enhancements in its many functionalities too. However, keeping this on one side lets check out what do you need to install Zorin OS on Virtualbox and how to install it.
So, before going through the installation process. Let’s check some prerequisites.
To install Zorin OS, we need three things on our computer. The first is obviously an ISO file of the Zorin OS, that you can get from the below-metioned links.
The second thing is Virtualbox. You must have installed Virtualbox Software on you PC because we are going to use Virtualbox to install it and operate it along with your host operating system. However, if you haven’t downloaded and installed Virtualbox on your computer, take a look at an extensive guide below on how to install Virtualbox on your PC.
- How to download and install Virtualbox on Windows PC?
- How to download and install Virtualbox on your Mac PC?
Last but not least, your system should be compatible with the latest version os Zorin OS as mentioned by Zorin Group.
- CPU 1 GHz Dual-Core – Intel/AMD 64-bit processor
- RAM 2 GB
- Storage 10 GB (Core & Education) or 20 GB (Ultimate)
- Display 800 × 600 resolution
Once you fulfil these requirements, you are good to go towards the installation process. So without wasting time, let’s get straight into it.
How to install Zorin OS on Virtualbox?
create a new Virtual machine:
- So, now start the Virtualbox software and hit the New Button and proceed.
- Now, in this window provide the name of your Virtual machine. And the type and version are selected by the software automatically. Moreover, choose the size of RAM you want to allocate for your new Virtual machine as the minimum requirement is 2GB. However, lets us choose recommended 4GB of RAM. And then select the Create a virtual hard disk now. However, we can select any of the two other options too. But while installation, the operating system Erases all the data stored in its hard disks before. Therefore, it is better to allocate a whole new hard drive for it.
- Now, let the default location of the file remain the same. Going towards the allocation of storage. The minimum size for 10 GB (Core & Education) or 20 GB (Ultimate). However, you can select your desired space. However, it also depends on the nature of work you will execute on Zorin OS. If it needs much space, so allocate a significant amount of storage. Or else the minimum requirement is also satisfactory. Then select VDI, from the options and afterwards, choose, dynamically allocated. And hit the create button to proceed.
Now, the creation of the virtual machine is completed. Then, it is time to customize some more options from the Settings area. And then finally, we will start to install Zorin OS on Virtualbox on Windows 10.
Customize additional settings:
Now, we need to manage some more settings from the settings area, because it was not possible during the creation of the Virtual machine.
- So, select the Zorin OS and click on Settings.
- Then, in the left navigation panel, hit on the system and then motherboard. In this area, check on the HardDisk and Optical option. And press, OK. Later in the Processor menu, select the amount of processor you want to allocate for the Zorin OS. Here, we choose the recommended 2Cores of CPU. And hit OK.
- Then come toward, the storage area. Here we need to select the Zorin OS file for installation from its default folder. For this, press Storage, and in the right, new window opens, hit the empty option. And then the disk icon. Now, navigate to the Zorin OS 15 ISO file and select. Then the file is selected as mentioned with number 2. Then press OK to proceed.
- And for the last option, go to USB option and select USB 3.0 (xHCI) Controller and then press the OK button.
Now, we are fully ready for the final step. In the last step, we will install Zorin OS on Windows 10 using Virtualbox.
Install Zorin OS on Virtualbox:
- In the Virtualbox, select the Zorin OS virtual machine and press the Start button.
- Now, select whether to try your new Zorin OS or install it. You need to start the installation process. So lets select install, and press Continue.
- In the proceeding window, select the second option and hit the Continue. This option is helpful, as it downloads all the additional essential software that you need as primary tools. However, it will prolong the installation period.
- Then select any of the given four options. We prefer to select Erase all the data and Install Now.
- In this proceeding window, whether you want to keep the default partition disks. Or want to partition the hard drive manually. It depends on you. So, to save time, we select the default option and hit on continue.
- Furthermore, select your country, create an account and follow the on-screen instructions, and finally, the installation process will start and conclude successfully.
After the successful installation, on the screen, you might see a command to remove the installation media. Just hit the Enter. And explore your new Zorin OS 15.
Next Up in Virtual Machines:
- How to install macOS High Sierra on Virtualbox?
- How to install macOS 11 (Big Sur) on Virtualbox?
- A complete guide on how to install macOS Mojave on Virtualbox.
- How to download and install Ubuntu on Virtualbox?
- How to install Kali Linux on Virtualbox? (Complete Guide).
This procedure is valid for all the four editions of Zorin OS. However, you might need to perform some additional steps for the Zorin OS Ultimate because you need to pay a specific amount of money for this addition. However, the overall process will remain a bit different from the above mentioned.
To conclude we would like to say that DO FOLLOW US for more up-to-date information, and also take a look out Next Up extensive articles.