Mac Operating system is one of the most popular and practised operating systems. Even though Microsoft Windows still dominates the worlds operating system market, statistics show. However, In the United States, the Users of macOS have influence. Therefore, if you run Windows PC and doesn’t have Mac, you can still install macOS on your Windows OS. And in this article, we have brought an extensive guide to install macOS High Sierra on Virtualbox on Windows PC.
To accomplish this action, we are going to use virtualization machines (Virtualbox). Because Virtualbox is open-source and free software, that you can use to run multiple Operating systems on one computer.
Why Virtualbox? Because it is the most straightforward method to install several OSes on one machine. Additionally, the statistics also reveal increment in the use of Virtualization software in this regard.
We have divided the entire procedure into Three parts. First of all, we show you how you can prepare a macOS High Sierra Virtualbox image file. Then we will create a Virtual machine. And finally, install the macOS High Sierra on Windows 10 using VirtualBox. Moreover, you can easily switch between the operating systems without rebooting just by some clicks.
But before you start the procedure, keep in mind, that your PC fulfils the below-mentioned specifications.
Table of Contents
- Minimum 2 GB memory (Recommended 8GB or higher)
- Minimum 2 cores of processors (Recommended 4 cores or higher)
- Hard disk free space 20 GB (Recommended 100GB or higher)
- Your system should support Intel or AMD VT (Virtualization Technology)
- Intel/AMD VT (Virtualization Technology) Should be enabled from BIOS setup
Moreover, if you haven’t enabled it from BIOS, take a look at the following article dropped below.
How to install macOS High Sierra on Virtualbox on Windows PC?
As we said earlier, we are going to incorporate the entire procedure in three different sections. In the first part. We are going to download the macOS High Sierra .dmg file, which you require to install.
Download macOS High Sierra .dmg file:
So, first of all, download the macOS high sierra .dmg file from the below links. One link includes a full macOS Sierra file. And the second link comprises the .dmg file from Mega.
- macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 Final (One Full)
- macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 from Mega
- Terminal commands for Virtualbox.
So, we have given the links of the files, that you can directly download on your Windows PC. Additionally, we have dropped a link to a Google drive. And from there you can copy and paste the commands, required in the below steps.
Now, here the first step is complete. In the second step, let’s create a Virtual machine in Virtualbox.
Create a macOS Mojave Virtual machine:
Now, it is time to create a Virtual machine. For this purpose, you need to install Virtualbox on your Windows. IF you have not installed Virtualbox, You can install it from the below link.
Once you download and install Virtualbox from the above link, apply the following steps to create a Virtual machine.
Create a Virtual machine:
- Start the Virtualbox software. And hit the New Option.
- Now, in the new window, give a name to your Virtual machine as we are creating macOS Sierra Virtual machine. So type in the name. And the rest settings will change automatically. Then hit Next.
- In the next Windows, select the amount of RAM you want to fix for the macOS. It is recommended to choose 8GB for RAM. However, if your device doesn’t have the required RAM, you must allocate a minimum 2GB of RAM. And again hit the Next Button.
- Here, you need to create a hard disk. Therefore, we are choosing to create a new Hard drive. However, you can also select any of the other two options. And click on Create.
- Then now allocate the amount of hard disk storage you want in your macOS Sierra. The allocation of storage entirely depends on the nature of work what you want to do on you, macOS Sierra. However, our recommended size is 100GB.
configure some more settings:
As you can see, we have completed the creation of the Virtual machine. However, Now, it is time to configure some more settings for the new guest OS.
- Open Virtualbox and go to settings.
- From the left navigation panel. Click on System.
- Tick the box next to Enable EFI by clicking on it. Also, change the motherboard chipset to PIIX3.
- Then, In the Processor tab, choose at least 4 Cores of the CPU you have on the computer (at least 2). And also tick the box next to Enable PAE/NX. Click OK to step to next Window.
- Now, in the storage panel, hit the empty disk, then again click on the disk icon revealed in the right side. And choose the macOS Sierra file. Once selected click on OK to proceed.
Run command Prompt:
- Now, open the link of the command, that I have already dropped down in the article above. Copy the command from there and paste it in Notepad. And replace the name OS X Name with your macOS High sierra. And save it as .txt format.
- Now, open the command by entering cmd in the search area. Then open the Command Prompt as an administrator by right click on the app. And run each line code one by one.
Install macOS High Sierra on Virtaulbox:
This the final step on install macOS high Sierra on Virtualbox. And this is a bit similar to usual macOS Sierra installation.
- Open the Virtualbox. Select the macOS Sierra and click on Start.
- Then select the language and proceed.
- Now, hit the disk Utility. And select the drive if the drive isn’t appearing.
- Click on View menu from the top menu bar, and then check the show all devices option.
- Then on the slider, the drive will appear. Click on the erase and put Macintosh HD on the name field. And leave other options as default and click on the erase button.
- Now, select the Reinstall High Sierra. and hit the Continue button.
- Moreover, select the disk and tap on install.
- And finally, the installation process will start once the installation concludes successfully. The system will reboot.
- After reboot, select your country, and set up an account, and follow the further on-screen instructions.
Next Up in Virtual Machine:
- How to install macOS Mojave on Virtualbox on Windows PC?
- Download macOS Mojave VirtualBox and VMWare image file.
- Should you Upgrade your macOS Mojave to Catalina?
- Install macOS Catalina Final on Virtualbox onWindows PC.
- How to upgrade macOS Mojave to the latest version on Virtualbox?
Now, you can enjoy macOS High Sierra on Windows 10. Though the overall process is lengthy, it is straight forward. Except for this method, there are several other methods. But not as easy as this method.
To sum up, we would like to say that DO Follow US for more knowledgeable articles regarding macOS. And feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section.