Everyone prefers a larger screen. And when it comes to smartphones. They’re not more than 6 or 7 inches. And especially when comes to reading lengthy guides or pieces. More than reading, you need to scroll the screen up and down. It really irritates, doesn’t it?
Therefore, over time, the PC and phone firms, have been trying to overcome this issue. And to encounter it, they introduced the idea of connecting the PC with the phone. So, that you can operate your phone on larger screens like a PC or laptop.
There are multiple ways to connect your PC with your smartphone. You can use a USB cable. But this guide includes the Three different ways, to connect your PC with a smartphone without the need for wire quickly and comprehensively.
Connect your PC with the phone using My phone App:
According to Microsoft’s latest statistics, currently, more than “1Billion devices” use Windows 10 Operating systems globally. Which is expected to rise up to 3% till the mid of 2021.
Whereas the official app by Microsoft “My Phone” has only been installed on around “100Million” devices. It means that only “1 out of 10” devices are using the My phone app to connect their computers and laptops with their phones.
My phone app is the simplest way to connect computers running Windows 10 with Android and iPhone smartphones. Rather than using third-party paid tools.
With the help of this app, you can access your photos and videos, text messages, and call log directly on your computer without any hassle. Moreover, using the app to establish a connection between the two devices through the app is also as easy as drinking water.
How to use My phone app:
- The app is already installed on computers that use “Version 1803 or above”. And you just need to install it on your phone by visiting the google play store.
- After installing the app on your smartphone. You’re ready to set a connection between your devices.
- Open up the “settings area” on your computer. And go to the “Phone” page. Or directly search for “My phone” in the search bar and open the app. Then hit the “Add a phone” button.
- Then sign in using your Microsoft account, if you haven’t. Then select whether you use an Android phone or IOS, and continue.
- Next, the screen instructs you to install the app on your phone by visiting a particular web address.
- Once done. Open up the app on your phone. And connect both the devices using the QR code scanner in the app on your phone. Whereas you can generate a QR code on your computer.
- Once you establish the connection between both the devices. Then allow the “My Phone” app to access photos, messages, and calls, etc.
- And by permitting the access. The app on the computer will take some time until it verifies and accesses the data on the computer.
On the completion of the successful connection. Now, you are good to go. You can access your photos, files on your PC. And also directly call and message without touching your smartphone.
Moreover, you can send the URLs between the devices. And use Cortana to access both devices. Using the My phone app is a fun, and easy, and secure way to access files on both devices.
Connect your computer with the phone via Bluetooth:
Once upon a time, Bluetooth used to be the most popular way of sharing files between devices. But over time with the coming of new technologies and techniques, people shifted towards other methods.
But today too, Bluetooth is one of the more preferred ways for the connecting and sharing of files between the devices. And here, we’re going to show, how you can still use Bluetooth to connect and share files between your phone and PC.
How to use Bluetooth:
Most of the computers and laptops come with a built-in Bluetooth tool. And if your computer doesn’t have this feature. You can still buy a cheap Bluetooth adapter.
- You can directly open the Bluetooth from the notifications area. Or search for it in the search bar and open it.
- On Android and IOS devices, you can turn it on from the control center.
- Then tap on the “Add a device” button in Bluetooth settings on your PC. Then select the device type you want to connect to. And proceed.
- Wait until both the devices find each other. And once found. Click on the Pair button to pair the devices. And on successful pair. Now, you can share as many files between the devices as you want.
- To send files from PC to phone. Select the file on the computer. And right-click on the file > Send to > Bluetooth device.
- To send files from smartphone to PC. Select the file on your phone. Click on the Share icon. And select Bluetooth to send files between the devices.
Most of the time, the devices can’t find each other. The most general reason is that the device isn’t discoverable on the second device. So, always check that your devices are discoverable before making a connection through Bluetooth.
Use third-Party apps:
If you can’t use the two methods mentioned due to any reason. There is still a third method to make a connection between the different devices and start sharing files. However, we recommend you use such apps in emergency situations only.
Because, firstly, almost all of them are paid tools. And secondly, there is always a risk of data snatching. We’re not going to recommend you any of them here. But the time, your search for such apps. You will get an endless number of file-sharing apps.
Mostly, when it comes to establishing a connection between the computer and smartphones. So, the first thing, that comes in our mind, is the USB data cable. But the contemporary devices come with only important USB ports. And don’t have enough ports to attach the mouse, flash drives, and connection wires all at once. Therefore, the best way you can use is the above-mentioned methods. Where you don’t need any sort of cable. And these are reliable and quick ways of sharing too.