macOS X El Capitan was rolled-out in the year 2015. And continuously Apple announces new macOS in the annual WWDC. And even after five years, there is a huge number of systems running on OS X El Capitan. Therefore, there are also a considerable number of users who want to download the macOS El Capitan DMG file.
Therefore, we decided to get a macOS El Captian DMG file. and make it available free for the users.
Below we have saved the DMG file of macOS El Capitan, which is available to download absolutely free. Furthermore, we have also shown the list of the Mac machines, that are compatible with new macOS El Capitan. As long as the installation of macOS El Capitan is concerned. It is quite similar to the installation of other macOS versions. But we have also highlighted the installation process.
Table of Contents
A glimpse on macOS:
macOS El Capitan is the 12th major OS of Apple Inc. It is the successor of macOS X Yosemite. Its name has been put on the name of the rock (Capitan) that is found in the Yosemite national park. And this seems a great reason to name it El Capitan.
From the OS X 10 Leopard to the macOS 11 (Big Sur). Apple publishes a new version every year in its Worldwide developer conference. macOS El Capitan is preceded by macOS Yosemite and succeeded by macOS Sierra.
macOS El Capitan proved to be one of the most liked and used operating systems, keeping in mind it’s stability, performance, and Security. Moreover, its latest version was released on 9th July 2018. and yet there is no new release in this regard.
Download macOS El Capitan DMG file:
We have created a DMG file, which you can find below. Moreover, if during the download of the file, you receive an alert. So, let me tell you that, you don’t need to get panic. The file is absolutely unharmful and without any spam and malware.
What you need to do is, click the link below to start the downloading of the file. However, it is recommended to have a stable internet connection of the uninterrupted download. Because the downloading file is about 5.8GB.
System requirements for macOS El Capitan:
With every new update of the Mac operating system. Apple cancels out the old machines, and make those incompatible with new macOS. Therefore, it is always, required to take a look at the system requirements of the OS before installation.
The systems that can run macOS El Capitan is as follows.
- MacBook: Late 2008 or newer
- MacBook Air: Late 2008 or newer
- Mac Mini: Early 2009 or newer
- MacBook Pro: Mid 2007 or newer
- iMac: Mid 2007 or newer
- Mac Pro: Early 2008 or newer
- Xserve: Early 2009
Moreover, the system must have at least 2GB of RAM. Similarly, if your system can handle macOS Mountain Lion, Mavericks, or Yosemite. So, that can also run macOS El Capitan pretty easily.
Install macOS El Capitan:
There are two methods to install macOS El Capitan on the Mac machine. The first one is the default method, that we use to upgrade the OS. And in the second, method we directly install the OS with any upgrade or downgrade. This is also called a clean installation.
Upgrading the macOS is pretty straightforward. You just need to visit the Apple Store, and find the macOS version, that you want to install. Here we are installing El Capitan. So, we visit the El Capitan page. Then we download the El Capitan file. And then follow some simple instructions. And finally, we get an all-new version of macOS.
For the clean installation of the macOS. You require a bootable USB or installer.
- Then connect the USB to the computer.
- Press and hold the Caption key, and restart the computer.
- select the device comprising the macOS Installer. And the system will restart with the installer.
- Then from the disk utility, click continue in order to erase the prior OS version.
- Then as you do always, format the selected disk for the clean installation of the new OS.
- Afterward, you are ready to install the OS.
- In the OS X utility window, select Install OS X, and snap the Continue catch. The installer will begin, despite the fact that it might take a couple of minutes.
- Moreover, follow all the usual steps like accepting terms and conditions, Language, region, and so on.
Next Up in macOS:
- Download the macOS Catalina ISO file.
- Download the macOS Mojave ISO file.
- Install macOS El Capitan on Virtualbox.
- How to install Mac apps on Windows 10?
- How to install macOS high sierra on Virtualbox?
The macOS El Capitan is ready to download and waiting for a single press. However, if you have not installed an OS yet. It is going to be a bit confusing. It is a good idea to take the help of an extensive article, during installation.
Consequently, I would like to say that DO FOLLOW US for more knowledgeable up to date content. And also contact us through the comment section in case of any hassle.