VMware Workstation is the top virtualization program to create a new Virtual machine for guest Operating systems on a single computer. as you know, running multiple Operating systems on the main computer is unfeasible and Mac or Linux will not allow Windows users to install OS on their host PC. Although we have discussed the Vmware Workstation installation on Windows, So if you haven’t checked our article then follow the below article link. Once you installed VMWare Workstation on Windows 10 then running VMWare on Windows you might notice some problems like you can’t share files between host and guest Operating system or Drag and Drop feature will now work properly. So, many issues will not work until you didn’t install VMWare Tools on Windows 10. Therefore, in this article, I am going to show you how to install VMware Tools on Windows 10 Virtual Machine.
After Vmware Workstation Pro 15 installation on Windows 10, then, you will need to install a package of utilities called Vmware tools. However, by installing the Vmware Tools package you will get much better performance associated with graphics, sound, and management. Moreover, if you install Vmware package tools then you can share files between host and guest OS or you can use drag and drop feature on Vmware Workstation. So, this is the reason to install Vmware tools on Windows 10 otherwise you can’t use VMware tools and features.
VMware tools package is must be installed whether on the Guest Operating system or on Windows that you have installed Vmware Workstation pro 15. So, the method I am applying in this article will work on any Windows version such as Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10. However, installing Vmware tools on virtual machines is quite different and easy, you can install Vmware tools from the VM menu located at the top of the page. Installing VM tools on any virtual machines whether macOS Mojave, macOS Catalina, macOS High Sierra, Linux OS, Windows OS are the same. you can apply the same method on any Guest Operating system.
- How to Install Vmware Tools on macOS Catalina Using Windows 10
- How to Install VMware Tools on macOS Mojave using Windows 10
Table of Contents
What are the Vmware Tools?
VMware Tools is a set of utilities that complements the overall performance of the digital machine’s visitor operating machine and improves the management of the digital machine. You can use the Windows Easy Install or Linux Easy Install function to put in VMware Tools as soon as the operating system is finished installing.
What Features will Work When you Installed Vmware Tools?
- Significantly quicker graphics performance and Windows Aero on operating systems that guide Aero.
- The Unity feature, which enables a software in a virtual machine to appear at the host laptop like any other utility window.
- Shared folders between host and visitor document systems.
- Copying and pasting text, graphics, and documents between the virtual gadget and the host or consumer computing device.
- Improved mouse performance.
- Synchronization of the clock within the virtual gadget with the clock at the host or consumer computing device.
- Scripting that enables automate guest running gadget operations.
How to Install Vmware Tools on Windows 10?
Installing VMware Tools on the Guest Operating system is quite easy but installing on the Host computer will be different. However, on Virtual machines, you can simply install Vmware tools with an option that given on a Virtual machine called VM->Install Vmware Tools. (it means, when you install a guest OS on VMware Workstation then navigate to VM menu from the top of the page and click the Install Vmware tools from the drop-down menu). after that, follow the instructions and install Vmware Tools on Virtual machines.
To install Vmware tools on Windows 10, you will need to download VM tools from Vmware official website. to download VM tools you will be asked to sign up with your Gmail account, therefore, sign up with your Gmail account and activate your account. later on, sign in and download the VM tools package zip file. if you need instruction then follow our steps on downloading VM tools.
Moreover, when you install Windows 10 on VMware Workstation like when you create a virtual machine for Windows Operating system then you can install Vmware tools without downloading VM tools setup because you can download and install it from a virtual machine. But again if you want to know how to download VM tools then follow the below steps.
Download VMware tools
- Click the link and click the Download button.
- While you click the download button then it will ask you to sign in or sign up with your Gmail account, therefore, if you have an account then sign in otherwise sign up with your Gmail account.
- When you create an account then it will send you the confirmation email to your Gmail account. So, go to your Gmail account and activate your account.
- Now, click on the link above or simply return to the first page.
- If you click the link then click the download button, afterward, you will be asked to sign in with your account.
- When you signed in then it will ask you to agree on End-User License Agreement.
- Whenever you agree to the license agreement then the file will start to download.
- Now, wait till the file will be downloaded.
Install Vmware Tools on Windows 10
You can only install VM tools on virtual machines like if you installed macOS Catalina, macOS Mojave, Windows OS, or Linux OS. Then you can install VMware tools from inside the Guest Operating system. Therefore, we are going to install VM tools on Windows using Virtual machines.
Although the installation is quite easy therefore I think you can understand the instructions without a screenshot. Moreover, if you get any kind of question then please ask me in the comment box.
- Launch Vmware Workstation and double-click the created virtual machine. (if you have several virtual machines then select the one you want to install VM tools).
- Now you are on the Windows guest operating system, therefore, Navigate to VM menu from the top of the page.
- Afterward, click the Install VMware Tools from the drop-down menu.
- When you click the option then you will get the notification. Therefore, click the Install button to install the VM tools on Windows.
- Later on, you will see the pop-up dialog box that written DVD Drive (E:) VMware tools.
- Therefore, go to File-Explorer and right-click the DVD Drive and click on the Install or Run program from your media.
- Then, it will ask you “do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device”. So, click Yes to go ahead.
- So, the first page will be the welcome window, So, Click the Next button to continue the installation.
- On Choose setup type, you will have three options Typical, Complete, and Custom. Here, select the Complete option and click the Next button.
- Now, the installation is ready to go, So, click the Install button.
- The installation Wizard Setup is completed and you have installed VM tools successfully on Windows 10. Finally, click the Finish button.
- At last, it will ask you to restart your system for the configuration changes made to Vmware tools to take effect. Therefore, click the yes button to restart your system.
Finally, you have installed Vmware tools on Windows 10 virtual machine successfully. Now you can use all the features of the VMware Workstation. And you feel much better with graphics, sounds, and management performance.
- How to install Virtualbox on Windows 10
- Install macOS Mojave on Virtualbox on Windows
- How to fix Mouse & Keyboard stuck on macOS Mojave
That’s all about Vmware tools installation on Windows virtual machine. And you get the idea completely how to install VMware tools on windows 10. So, I hope you understand the steps without a screenshot. Moreover, if you have any question then feel free to ask me in the comment box.