Well, this is natural that we are a bit sensitive to our massages. Usually, no one wants others to see their messages or conversations. However, how to hide imessages.
There could be many reasons that you do not want your messages shown to others like I. Because it disturbs you, or you want to give someone a surprise. Therefore you do not want that particular person to see your messages.
Anyways, there could be any reasons. But the real question is, how can we hide those messages?
Well, there are many methods to hide the imessages, Or hiding the conversations or the Notifications.
So, let’s see one by one how can we hide messages, Notifications and conversations in an iPhone.
How to hide imessages alert of specific Text massages?
There could be lots of messages coming from a specific number. And you want to hide that. Like it happens with everyone usually that every day we get tons of messages from different useless numbers like cellphone company, Simcard company or various useless offers.
Such sort of messages annoys us that when we check those all are not worthy. Therefore, in this case, let’s see how can we hide such massages.
- Go to the massges app.
- Select the message that you do not want to get alert from and open that message.
- Now, Tap near the top of the screen, by the icon of a face (or the person’s picture).
- Now, on the taskbar click on i for info.
- Toggle Hide Alerts ON. And it is done!
Now, whenever you receive a message from that source. It will appear on your inbox. But you will not receive any kind of alert, that disturbs you.
And whenever you check other important messages, you can check those particular messages at that time.
How to hide all imessages alerts?
This option is useful if you want not to receive any single message from anyone. This may create some issues too, because you may miss an important message.
But many time we need this method. Because often we get time to be free from entire things. Or we are with the family.
And don’t want any medium to create a disturbance and busyness.
And here, messages can disturb us. So, here this hiding method is beneficial.
So, how to hide imessages alert entirely?
- Go to the iPhone Settings and tap on Notifications.
- Now, in the new page, select the Messages option.
- And again on the message page, you will see an option Show Reviews. Tap on it.
- And here select the Never option from the three options.
- And then go back to the Notification page, where there you saw the message option. Above the massage option, you will see an option of Sounds. Tap on it.
- You will see the None option selected. If not, select the None option.
Remember to Toggle Allow Notifications Off.
And finally, you will not get any sort of alert from any person, though the messages will directly come to your inbox.
And then when getting free from family time. You can Undo these steps to start receiving messages.
How to hide the preview of messages?
Near me, this is the best option you can use. Because, with the help of this option, no one will be able to read your message in the Notification popup.
However, you only need to turn the Notification sound off. So, the iPhone will not make any sound when receiving a message.
Moreover, you can see that a message has been received. But cannot know until you do not enter the password of your iPhone.
So, to do this
- Go to the Settings and tap on Notifications.
- In the Notification page, tap on Massages.
- Now, scroll down, and there you will see the Include section. Tap on it.
- In this page, you will see that Show Preview is Enabled.
- You just need to disable this option.
And then no one will be able to read the message or the name of the sender of messages until that person enters the password.
How to hide messages using third-party apps?
There is another best option rather than the three methods mentioned above. And those are the third-party apps.
There is a number of third-party apps, which you can use to hide your messages. Most of those are paid apps but have free useful features that you can use.
So, let’s see some options from the third-party apps.
Cover Me is the most popular app used for the hiding of text messages, calls and contexts etc. The app has lots of useful features, which you cannot find in the rest apps.
CoverMe is also great for those of you who need to lock or hide messages. They have a disappearing message feature that you can use.
The app also assigns you a burner phone number to make your real number when you are sending text messages or phone calls, which can help protect your anonymity as well. This is an excellent option if you are looking for the best app to hide text messages.
Except this, there are many other options too, like Wire, i Discrete and many more, which you can explore and see which one is better for you.
- How to Sync Outlook Calendar with iPhone?
- How to find my iPhone from mac or any other device?
- Synchronize an iPhone with other iPhone products.
- How to Download Videos from Facebook on the iPhone?
- How to download any YouTube Video on iPhone?
This was all about hiding the imessages in the iPhone. In this article, we introduced three ways to protect messages from others. And finally, recommended some third-party apps, which you can use and hide the entire messages procedure.
We hope that this article helped you to a great extend.
To conclude we would like to say that do not forget to follow us for more info and knowledge. And also read our Editors’ recommendations too.