There are many methods to convert NTFS to FAT32 without losing data. There are different sorts of third-party software, that can help you to execute this action. Whether you want to convert NTFS to FAT32 or FAT32 to NTFS. But before, that, let’s take a look, what are these two. And why we need their conversion.
NTFS (New Technology File System) and FAT32 (File Allocation Table 32) are the two different file systems used on Windows operating systems. The older version of operating systems like Windows XP used to use FAT32 files system. Which is still used in many cases. Whereas the NTFS is the newer version created by Microsoft Inc. And currently NTFS is the default file format in the latest Windows operating systems.
Table of Contents
Comparing NTFS or FAT 32:
- Well, the FAT32 file system is the older version. Whereas the new NTFS version allows different additional features like Quotes, file compression, and file encryption. These features enhance the security of the files.
- Comparing to FAT32, NTFS allows for more file size and volume. NTFS allows up to 16TB of volume size for Windows 10. Whereas FAT32 allows up to 2TB of maximum volumes size. And the file size that NTFS allows is 16TB whereas FAT32 allows only up to 4GB.
- NTFS works only with Windows operating systems. Whereas on the other hand FAT 32 works with older versions of various operating systems including Windows 10, macOS, and Linux.
I may recommend the NTFS, but point to be noted that, you need both the file systems for different purposes. So, favoring one of them may not be just.
How to convert NTFS to FAT32 without losing data or vice versa:
The best way to convert NTFS to FAT32 without losing data is the use of the software. Below we are going to show you, how you can implement this conversion through free as well as paid tools. We are going to use two different methods for the conversion of NTFS to FAT32 on Windows OS.
Convert NTFS to FAT32 Using Disk Management:
For this method, the drive size you want to format must be smaller than 32GB. Because, if the drive exceeds this size. The FAT32 option will be unavailable. And the formatting will remain incomplete.
- Go to the computer. And right-click on the This PC or My Computer icon.
- Then hit the Manage option. Then open the Disk Management.
- Now, select the drive. And again right-click on it.
- Then select the format option. And confirm.
- Select and name the drive to FAT32 and confirm.
- Once, you change the NTFS to FAT32 format. The new file will show in the disk management by the new name.
This method is quite easy. And implements the conversion. However, the second, method we are going to show you will help you to do it in a much easier way without any problems in the drive.
Convert FAT32 to NTFS or vice versa using the AOMEI partition Assistant:
- First of all, install the AOMEI Partition Assistant on your Windows PC and start the software.
- Go to all tools page. And select NTFS to FAT32 converter.
- From the new windows, you can also convert FAT32 to NTFS. So, select your required option and proceed.
- Then select the specific partition you want to convert and click Next.
- Now, select the NTFS partition you want to convert to FAT32.
- Again, in the new windows, the system asks to confirm the operating system. So, proceed.
- And Done!
After the process completes. You are finally able to get the converted files system on your operating system without any problem.
Moreover, there are multiple methods, and software you can use, like Easeus partition master, or Minitool partition wizard. The above two methods are pretty simple and forward. Therefore, there is no need to go for further options.
- Install windows 10 and macOS on one computer.
- How to backup data on an external hard drive on Windows 10?
- Create macOS High Sierra bootable USB Installer on Windows 10.
- How to run Mac apps on Windows 10?
- How to install VMware Player on Windows 10?
With the above two options, you can successfully convert NTFS to FAT32 without losing data. Or you can also do the vice versa operation. But before, this process, don’t forget to backup your files. Backing up is always better to avoid any unexpected problems. Do tell us in the comment section if you confront any sort of issue during the process. And also don’t forget to FOLLOW US for more knowledgeble and up-to-date content.