The definition of PC gaming has changed significantly over the past decade. PC gaming and its genre have shifted from all those primary action and arcade games, and Minecraft is a trending buzz in the PC gaming community. Being a sandbox, adventure, and survival game, Minecraft essentially deserves top-notch graphics cards to deliver a buttery smooth performance while playing on your PC.
Minecraft has achieved the award of being one of the best-selling games in the entire world, and you might be investing your time in building a perfect gaming PC. And, a gaming PC without an eminent graphics card is worthless. So, let’s make your PC worth the Minecraft adventure with these best-in-class configurations for graphics processing units.
General System Requirements for Minecraft on PC:
Before you deep-dive into the search for the right GPU component for Minecraft and its additional gaming adventures, you need to go through some research over the system requirements of Minecraft. Without any minimum system and its hardware and software configurations, none can experience Minecraft on the PC. Hence, learning the system requirements and determining the right one is unskippable, says laptop mother replacement professional.
Minimum System Requirements for Minecraft:
The developer community of Minecraft has published the following list as a part of the system requirement for Minecraft. Go through the details and find out if Minecraft isn’t responding as your PC is out of required systematics and configurations.
- CPU: AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz or similar
- GPU: for integrated AMD Radeon R5 with OpenGL 4.4 or Intel HD Graphics 4000; for discrete components AMD Radeon HD 7000 with OpenGL 4.4 or NVIDIA GeForce 400 series
- RAM: 4GB
- Hard Disk Drive: 1 GB for game files, core, and maps
- Operating System: macOS (x64-bit of Maverick or later versions), Windows (7 or newer), Linux (x64-bit architecture from 2014 & later)
- Connectivity: Internet connection needed for downloading Minecraft components on PC; you can pursue offline playing once the required gaming files and patches get downloaded.
Recommended System Requirements for Minecraft on PC:
Required system requirements or arrangements might interrupt the flawless experience of the gaming trivia. That’s why we have presented the recommended set of requirements for Minecraft.
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 or AMD A10-7800 APU 3.5 GHz or similar
- GPU: AMD Radeon Rx 200 Series with OpenGL 4.5 or NVIDIA GeForce 700 Series
- RAM: 8 GB or higher
- Hard Disk Drive: 4 GB (with SSD)
- Operating System: macOS (10.12 Sierra, x64-bit), Windows 10 (x64-bit), Linux (latest distribution from 2014, x64-bit)
Assured GPU Options for Minecraft Gaming on PC:
Although Minecraft hardly demands a very powerful GPU, you need to consider the consequences of not availing a true performer graphics card, too. After all, you have selected graphics card replacement instead of laptop motherboard replacement.
However, if your concerns are budget, performance factors, or compatibility, you just can’t cling to any of the available graphics cards available for Minecraft. So, here is the detailed review of the 10 best graphics cards options for Minecraft in 2021.
1. ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 1650:
Are you craving max performance and no lagging while enjoying Minecraft? Then, you should have checked this pick. NVIDIA GTX a650 graphics card from the manufacturer, ZOTAC, is the beast of choice for an uninterrupted gaming experience. The graphics card would accelerate the frame-rate to more than 200 FPS, even when you have opted for the resolution setting at 1080p.
And, accompanied by a 128-bit memory bus and a boost clock of 1695 MHz, you can expect a mind-blowing experience on selected Java shaders options on Minecraft. Moreover, the price of the graphics card is still under your budget rather than a complete laptop motherboard replacement. So, this graphics card can go with your 1440p display while building a gaming PC, especially for Minecraft. Here’s a summarized detail about the specifications, pros, and cons of the graphics card.
- Cutting-edge NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 architecture
- A 128-bit bus operating at 8 Gbps speed
- RAM size of 4 GB
- The Compact design of 5.94-inch
- Single fan built with angled blades
- Three display ports
- Compatible with Microsoft 10, 8.1, 8, 7with With x64-bit architecture
- Less power consumption
- Capable of playing video-games in 4K resolution
- Warranty support for 5 years
- A budget-friendly option
- Not required to modify the clock speed
- Video encoder from previous generations have been used
- Moreover, not suitable for devices containing branded SMPS
2.MSI Gaming GeForce GT 710:
NVIDIA GeForce is a recommended name in the industry of graphics cards. And, MSI has brought you a total game-changer technology, NVIDIA GeForce GT 710. In case you are looking for a budget option, then this can be a marvelous choice. However, the GPU component is not a newcomer in the market and you can’t expect a jaw-dropping video-gaming experience. But, the performance of the GPU is worth its reasonable price range.
On the other hand, the GPU supports 60 FPS at a resolution of 1080p. But, make sure that you aren’t using shaders when you have owned this graphics card on your PC. So, in summary, you can’t afford high-resolution games on this graphics card. Therefore, you should opt for higher performance booster GPU equipment, if you want to experience more than Minecraft without shaders. Here’s the specification of this graphics card:
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 Graphics Processing Unit
- Video output interface: HDMI(1), VGA(1), DVI(1)
- Solid capacitors
- 1 GB 64-bit DDR3 VRAM
- Noise-free and without fan
- Afterburner overclocking
- Comes in budget
- Supports Minecraft even in the resolution of 1080p with 60 FPS
- The heatsink offers passive cooling
- Doesn’t come with a fan; less chance of noise
- Might confuse during installation
3. XFX AMD RX 5700:(Best graphics Cards for Minecraft by AMD)
Minecraft, with Java shaders, often desires high-end graphics resolution and an amazing frame-rate. If you haven’t compromised with the selection of your 1440p monitor for the gaming encounter, then why compromise on GPU? That’s why we would like to recommend the XFX AMD RX 5700 GPU component for your terrific visual experience while playing Minecraft.
Another interesting fact is that you need not bear the expenses of an NVIDIA one with the same set of specifications. However, you can avail a boosting clock frequency within 1750 MHz, along with a memory bus of 256-bit architecture. Apart from its memory and architecture features, this high-end graphics card is capable of handling AAA games, including the latest Java shaders of Minecraft.
- AMD RX 5700 chipset
- RAM of GDDR6 VRAM with a capacity of 8 GB
- Memory bus of 256-bit architecture
- Memory clock: up to 14 Gbps
- Comes with triple fan-sink
- 3 display ports
- High performance even for AAA games
- No heating issue
- Impressive hardware
- Power consumption seems high
- Launch batch might require an update of BIOS
4.MSI NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030:
Well, you have already viewed GT 710 from the same manufacturer for the best graphics cards for Minecraft. However, if you are expecting more powerful GPU equipment, then you can lean on this graphics card. Minecraft with Java shaders is quite an easy task for this graphics performer from the house of MSI. You can easily experience such instances at the frame-rate of 60 FPS for the resolution of the game at 1080p.
Additionally, this graphics card won’t disappoint you, if you consider running AAA games on it. However, you have to make some alterations in the resolution and frame-rate settings, though. Still, MSI NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 is an excellent deal if you are Minecraft-specific and care for the Java shaders.
- The chipset comes from NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030
- GDDR5 RAM of size 2 GB
- 6008 MHz memory clock
- HDMI display port
- 64-bit memory bus
- PCIe x8 hardware interface
- Easy installation
- No issue with cooling technology
- Worth experiencing 60Hz of frame rate at 4K resolution
- Dual monitor support
- Power consumption is pretty less
- Might fail to show compatibility with 4K monitors
5.XFX AMD Radeon RX 560:
Do you want some more variable features and specific GPU components from AMD Radeon? Then, you should not miss XFX AMD Radeon RX 560 for a lower end RAM specification. This graphics card would offer you a maximum frame rate of 100 FPS at a resolution of 1080p. But, the underwhelming part is that it can’t support Bedrock RTX upgrades or Java shaders.
However, if you have to enjoy Minecraft without complicated upgrades then this would satisfy your GPU requirements. Even laptop motherboard replacement experts suggest it as a better performer than NVIDIA GT 710 for enjoying surreal games on your PC. Let’s take a brief look at the specifications, advantages, and disadvantages of purchasing this graphics card for Minecraft.
- Chipset from AMD Radeon RX 560
- HDR technology- infused in the graphics card
- GDDR5 RAM of 4 GB
- Video output: DVI, DisplayPort, HDMI
- PCIe interface for the graphics card, PCIe x16 hardware interface
- Great for gaming PC building due to easy installation
- Compact hardware
- impressive graphics for low-end or modified high-end gaming
- A bit noisy as claimed by several users
6. MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1050:
No wonder, why MSI is considered one of the gaming lords in the entire globe. MSI manufactures almost every kind and compatible graphics card for low-end to the latest high-end games. And, you rarely can drive your eye away from MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1050, while you can render the best NVIDIA GTX 1050 chipset here.
In case you desire to manifest tremendous performance on your expensive, high-resolution monitor, then you should bag it. And, you can enjoy and reveal more adventures on Minecraft with this graphics card. A frame rate of 60 FPS is a natural phenomenon if you require the gaming display settings at 1080p. Moreover, it supports other AAA games on the same FPS standard on 1440p monitor equipment.
- The chipset of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
- Dual-link DVI support
- 1 HDMI port
- 1 DisplayPort
- GDDR5 RAM with a memory capacity of 2 GB
- GPU boost clock support: up to 1.52 GHz
- Memory bus width: 128-bit
- 3 monitors supported at a time
- Needs no extra power connection
- Awesome and flawless performance for updated gaming series
- Fan speed is quite good
- Aesthetic hardware
- The price might seem higher
7. MSI NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti:
We have another super performer graphics card for Minecraft adventure and supreme survival strategies without any interruption. Again from MSI, this GPU counterpart has achieved recommendations from pro-gamers all across the world. The graphics card equipment is capable of delivering a smooth refresh rate on 1440p monitors. In addition to this, you can avail stellar graphics quality at the high settings of 1080p of Minecraft.
On the other hand, hardware and design do look optimized, compact, and top-notch. Associated with a GDDR6 VRAM of a memory capacity of 6 GB, a boost clock of 1830 MHz, and a memory bus of a width of 192-bit, MSI hasn’t compromised on the architecture. And, you can avail experiencing Java shaders on Minecraft. However, all Java shaders might not appear prominent with this graphics card.
- Chipset from NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
- GDDR6 RAM with a memory capacity of 6 GB
- 3 DisplayPorts
- 1 HDMI port
- Memory speed of 12 Gbps along with a boost clock frequency of 1830 MHz
- Memory bus width 192-bit
- Mystic lights from MSI
- Dual TORX 3.0 fans
- Comes with incredible shading technology
- Supports AAA games
- Compatible thermal interface
- Customization possible due to extensive software
- Low performance with 4K monitors.
8. EVGA NVIDIA GT 710:
In the list of the best graphics cards for Minecraft, we have already mentioned an NVIDIA GT 710 GPU series from MSI. But, they come with only 1 GB of DDR3 RAM. And, if you want to extend the RAM capacity, then you can easily pick up this for Minecraft. This graphics card from EVGA is meant for delivering ravishing performance for 1080p Bedrock and Java encounters on Minecraft.
With a 64-bit memory bus width and memory clock of 1800 MHz, this graphic card requires a power supply unit of 300W. And, you can connect multiple monitors to this graphics processing unit. But, this is definitely for Java shaders of Minecraft.
- Chipset from NVIDIA GT 710
- DDR3 RAM of 2GB capacity
- Memory bandwidth of 14.4 Gbps
- Video output: DVI, VGA, HDMI
- 64-bit architecture of memory bus
- Easy installation
- Compatible with most of the operating systems including Ubuntu
- Support multiple monitors
- Excellent frame rate experience at 1080p
- Doesn’t support Java all shaders
9. MSI NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super:
Everyone is talking about the RTX and its marvelous ray tracing feature. MSI NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super can provide you with an uninterrupted FPS rate. And, if you are looking for dedicated graphics cards for the Bedrock Minecraft experience or most recent Java shaders, then this is it.
It has got a GDDR6 VRAM of 8 GB capacity with a memory bus width of 256-bit. Additionally, it offers you a boost clock speed up to 1770 MHz. Whether you are thinking of AI or ray tracing, everything is subtly handled by this superb performer graphics card. And, this graphics card is not only for Minecraft; any latest and AAA games can be enjoyed with this best-buy graphics card from MSI. Let’s have a glance at its specifications.
- Chipset from NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
- 8 GB GDDR6 memory
- 256-bit memory bus
- 3 DisplayPorts, 1 HDMI port
- Turing architecture
- Compatible with Java shaders on Minecraft
- Amazing ray tracing technology
- No heating issue
- The great frame rate at higher resolution and pixel monitor
- Not compatible with macOS
10. XFX Radeon 570 RS:(Best graphics Cards for Minecraft by Radeon)
The last but not the least pick, in the list of recommended graphics cards for Minecraft, is from XFX manufacturer and the chipset is from AMD Radeon RX 470. With two video outputs of DVI and HDMI and RAM GDDR5, you can bag this GPU for the Minecraft experience.
It has got 2048 stream processors along with double dissipation cooling technology. So, you need not fret about its heating issues. On the other hand, you would require a power supply of a minimum of 500W to use the graphics card on your PC.
- Chipset from AMD RX 470
- 8 GB GDDR5 memory
- 2048 stream processor
- Dual BIOS
- Boost clock 1286 MHz
- 256-bit memory bus
- 7000 MHz memory clock speed
- Pro frame rate experience with Minecraft gaming
- Great hardware and compact design
- Easy installation
- Might be incompatible with higher settings and resolution of Minecraft gaming
- Best laptops for Minecraft under $500.
- Best laptops for 3D Modeling in 2021.
- How to install Shaders in Minecraft?
- How to download and install Minecraft forge on Mac and Windows?
- Download and install Optifine in Minecraft.
Need Help with the Selection of the Right Graphics Card for Minecraft?
Basically, Minecraft can be experienced seamlessly without installing discrete graphics cards if you are not considering Java shaders and high-resolution monitors. The game isn’t very demanding with respect to graphics specialization and can work with low-profile discrete graphics.
Otherwise, you can get any of the above graphics cards for Minecraft as all of them satisfy the recommended GPU requirements for Minecraft. However, you can go with the best RTX range if you don’t compromise on the Java shaders or Bedrock components of Minecraft. Well, we have got budget-picks for you too.